1962 GT Hawk Car Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 GT Hawk Car Cover

I need to evict my GT Hawk from the garage for a few months for some other projects. I want to buy a car cover. To make it simpler I removed the center trunk antennea. The car has no side mirrors.

Recommendations on a water proof car cover for a 1962 GT Hawk with the rear antennea removed and no side mirrors?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Studebaker1962

Jim, Try this link Gordon https://www.autopyjama.com/permabag-uk/cars/ I checked the site--would be cheaper to build a garage!!! sorry If you have the space Harbor freight has a portable tempory garage on sale for 150.00
    Last edited by larkregal62; 05-10-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Hoping for a little more input.I have a similar problem.Need to leave Hawk out for a week or to while waiting on parts.I hate to spend $200.00-$300.00 for a short term cover.
      Thanks,
      Tony

Comment

I have bought a few covers. I have no garage. Most are a very thin plastic and that's good for rain and dust. I have one that looks like woven recycled paper material and I actually like it for the summer months. It's light, lets the rain roll away or evaporate. It's "breathable". I washed it once and it would have been fine, but I put it in the dryer and sort of scorched it. Buy cheap ones from eBay and replace as needed. Good luck.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
        X