Golden Quill awards announced for several Studebaker publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Quill awards announced for several Studebaker publications

Congratulations to Ann Turner for again winning another Golden Quill award from Old Cars Weekly in the National Luxury category. Avanti Magazine also won in the same category too.

There were also several local SDC chapters that received regional Golden Quill awards from Old Cars Weekly. They are:

The Badger Bullet-N, Ernie Loga, editor, Badger Wheels SDC;
    The Echo, Chris Collins, editor, Grand Canyon State Chapter SDC;
    the Studebaker Spokesman, Claude Chmielewski, editor, Wisconsin Region SDC;
    and The Steering Wheel, Ed Meyer, editor, Missouri-Illinois-Gateway Chapter SDC

Here is the link to the full article online: http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/news/ed...&rid=241900454
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

I checked out the Golden Quill article and noted an award winning newsletter that catches my eye. I write the editor seeking a sample issue. I have written newsletters myself and explained I was a member of a local SDC chapter also. The editor responded that his work is volunteer, my chapter does not exchange issues with his and unless I want to join his chapter, no sample issue. I was taken back, I mean really, aren't we all volunteering in our club activities? Some how I thought that car people were all about assisting each other. I can just kick myself for expecting so much from others. Sorry I asked.
    Mike
    Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Postage rates are an issue now. I have not had a problem getting most Studebaker newsletters via an email link. As we all know, some folks are easy to get along with, some a bit more difficult; then there are those you would just as soon not hang out with... even if they are buying. I guess we just keep doing our thing in this world to make it the best we can.

Comment

Working...
      X