2014 South Bend Spring Swap Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 South Bend Spring Swap Pics

I'm still getting used to my smart phone so some aren't the greatest.
    Thank you to Ed & Cyndi George, and Ronnie for the great tailgate party.

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/64d...%20Swap?sort=2

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
    sigpic
    2005 Dodge Magnum
    1952 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Thanks for the pics!! I had a Daytona just like yours years ago, and sold it to a guy from Romeoville, Illinois? Not your car, is it??

Comment

Original owner was in South Holland, Illinois, then a guy from Lansing, Illinois had it. Now it's been back in South Holland for the last 20+ years. So it stayed in the same area all these years. I think I know what vehicle your talking about though, I think Beatnik64 had it.
        Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 05-06-2014, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Unreal. I looked at these pictures last night and this morning I was driving in Bossier City, La and came up on a Graham the same color as in the photos. It was cruising right along. I had a Cord at one time that was painted this color so it caught my eye because of the body shape. I didn't catch up to ask if he had been in South Bend this past weekend, but what are the chances that I'd see another Graham so soon after these pictures were posted? They are really rare. When I looked at the pictures again I noted that the wheels were different from what I saw this morning and that the car in South Bend didn't have Louisiana tags. Tom

Comment

Kewl pix. Thanks very much for sharing them.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos John. That 1964 Daytona convert project looks interesting.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Heres a few I took ...
                Attached Files

Comment

Despite the cold weather, it was one of the more-fun May meets I can remember there--and I don't even own a Studebaker now!

Our Ohio Region was well-represented by forum posters Ted Hurd (StudeBoro) and Joe Kastellec (GTJoe), as well as our newsletter editor Larry Sherer and his friend Mary Lou, my sister and brother-in-law, Darlene and Harley Cook of Greenville, PA, Walt Barnes, Larry Kidd, Ed Davies, and I'm probably forgetting someone. Great fun and meal at Tippecanoe Place with Bob Palma, and fun getting to chat briefly with Jimmijim, Butch, Nels, and Ed George from the forum.

Very nice small surprise to see a large color 1958 photograph of a new Transtar Deluxe pickup in front of my hometown dealer, Carl E. Filer Co., Greenville, PA, on display in the "Club" room upstairs at the SNM. Mimi Filer said husband Ed would be excited to hear that, and she was herself as well--and I had absolutely nothing to do with the pic being posted there! LOL

There were two cars at the meet that just made me weak-in-the-knees. One was a Horizon Green '64 GT with Powershift from IL that looked factory-fresh--I'd seen it at meets there before--and the other was an Avanti Red '64 Avanti R2, black interior, 4-speed, power windows and tilt wheel. It looked so right--rake, bias ply tires, everything--it stopped me in my tracks. The owner was from Chicagoland and I sure hope I get to see that car again. It had only 12K miles.
                  Last edited by Bill Pressler; 05-10-2014, 02:21 AM. Reason: adding Jimmijim!
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

WOW, so the sun really did come out?

Comment

It was downright pleasant out after noon on Saturday

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments on the pics.
                        Ed George asked me to post this one of some of us at the tailgate party with the T-shirts he had made up. It had to be moved inside because of the weather.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                          One was a Horizon Green '64 GT with Powershift from IL that looked factory-fresh--
                          Was it this one? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=horizon

Or the one in post 83? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...highlight=2010

Craig

Comment

That's the one .....of coarse there was only one
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              Yes, Craig, it was the one in post 83.

Normally, I'd say Horizon Green might be my third-least-favorite '64 Stude color (after Golden Sand and Moonlight Silver), but it's so nice to see a GT in something other than white, red, or black!

The car had a decklid antenna, which I'm thinking was gone by the '64's, but I'll put up with that! Full instrumentation and a Powershift too. Just lovely.
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              (formerly Greenville, PA)
                              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X