X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
    I think this is the car when it was at the hotel. I don't have any contact info. In my post (#14) about the 64 convertible it's off to the side in the third picture.
    Yep. That is the car.
    Joe

Leave a comment:

• DieselJim
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    I've been kind of under the weather for the past three weeks. If I had been feeling my "old self"...I would have been there just for the fellowship. What was the story about that '37 in the photos? Anybody got detailed info and pics of the cars for sale?
    37 Dictator, has a 52 engine with 30,000 miles on it. Droped the pan and put a new set of rod bearings in. Rebuilt a T86-od trans and fittyed it with a top shifter. New brakes, cylinders, lines and hoses. New gas lines. Floor boards replaced and trunk repaired. Needs glass, interior and paint. $5500.00.

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
    There was a very nice rust free 57 Golden Hawk in the Car Corral for sale at $22500. The owner drove it up from Kentucky. Super charger worked but he had the belt off for economy reasons. He had pictures of the car stripped to bare metal. It was hard to walk away from as it was by far the best deal there in my opinion. He had an interested party on Saturday but I don't know if the deal went through. I would think one would be able to get information from the meet sponsors in order to get the owner's information. That car didn't appear to need anything other than a door adjustment on the PS.
    Maybe someone here has some pictures.
    I think this is the car when it was at the hotel. I don't have any contact info. In my post (#14) about the 64 convertible it's off to the side in the third picture.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chicken Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
    Ted
    I did not make it to South Bend because of health problems.
    Someone told me that you had a set of R3 heads for sale.
    Were these originals or Solanski or Lionel Stone heads?
    Do you or anyone else have a pair of N.O.S.1557571 heads for sale in the crate? (1557570 casting number)
    I will trade them for 1557579 heads new in the crates or cash.

Robert Kapteyn
    studebaker@mac.com

Missed seeing you in SB Bob. Hope you get healed. The R 3 heads were not mine. Just sold them for a good friend. They were clones (Solanki). I sold three sets of heads altogether in SB but sorry, do not have any NOS heads

Ted

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied
    Ted
    I did not make it to South Bend because of health problems.
    Someone told me that you had a set of R3 heads for sale.
    Were these originals or Solanski or Lionel Stone heads?
    Do you or anyone else have a pair of N.O.S.1557571 heads for sale in the crate? (1557570 casting number)
    I will trade them for 1557579 heads new in the crates or cash.

Robert Kapteyn
    studebaker@mac.com

Last edited by rkapteyn; 05-05-2014, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
    I took these pics because I figured someone would ask. Hope the owner doesn't mind. It needed a lot of work but it could have been worse.
    Hmmm - appears this car was order with the ultra rate, export only, "duct-tape gray" top...

Leave a comment:

• Chicken Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Joe, unless Ted had two of them for sale, he didn't bring the R2 oil pan to South Bend. It was spoken for through his forum listing of parts he was taking to South Bend unless someone "bought" them ahead of time.

Someone did commit to the oil pan from Ted's forum post. (Not me, but Jim Turner and I are transporting it to Dover for the buyer!) So unless he had two of them, there would not have been one in South Bend at Ted's booth. BP
    Yes, several items were purchased before leaving for SB. Some will be shipped or delivered as Bob mentioned and some picked up at the meet. Would like to give a big thanks to the people in charge of the meet. They seem to do a little better each year. The BIG thing for me was they had "helpers" to help unload the parts. I believe Eddie George was responsible for that. Not only that but there were so many people that helped us load to go home. Many were not swap people personnel but sure appreciated. I can remember several of them but hate to list names as I know I would leave someone out but just want ALL of them to know how much it was appreciated.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by rodnutrandy View Post
    Was that black 1964 Daytona Convertible for sale ? Price?
    Post #14 has the price and contact information, Randy. It was pretty rough but reasonably complete. The black paint was applied with a brush. I have seen a rustier tub, but not by much. There were enough pieces missing under the hood that it was probably not operable.

If you had the time and wanted to start on a 1964 convertible under $5,000 in today's market, I don't know how you could expect much more for that kind of money.

'Worth doing because it is a convertible. A Daytona hardtop or Wagonaire, maybe. Any "lesser" model, probably not.

I have not seen the one offered by Bob Kapteyn in Post #11 to this topic, but it might be a comparable:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...769#post841769

BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 05-05-2014, 03:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    Looks like fun. Wish I could have made it. I could use some pristine grills for my 39 CE, and a window regulator and track.

(That 37 looks pretty solid!)

Leave a comment:

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    Originally posted by rodnutrandy View Post
    I took these pics because I figured someone would ask. Hope the owner doesn't mind. It needed a lot of work but it could have been worse.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 05-05-2014, 06:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rodnutrandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    I've been kind of under the weather for the past three weeks. If I had been feeling my "old self"...I would have been there just for the fellowship. What was the story about that '37 in the photos? Anybody got detailed info and pics of the cars for sale?

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
    Does anyone have any pics of Ted's stuff? I needed the R2 oil pan but couldn't reach him prior to the meet.
    Joe, unless Ted had two of them for sale, he didn't bring the R2 oil pan to South Bend. It was spoken for through his forum listing of parts he was taking to South Bend unless someone "bought" them ahead of time.

Someone did commit to the oil pan from Ted's forum post. (Not me, but Jim Turner and I are transporting it to Dover for the buyer!) So unless he had two of them, there would not have been one in South Bend at Ted's booth. BP

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    The Michiana Chapter folks I met were super, and know how to have a good time. Work hard & play hard, we used to say in the USMC, oftentimes till the wee hours of the morning. But I am a lightweight nowdays

Leave a comment:

• Bob Henning
    replied
    On behalf of the Michiana Chapter, thank you all for coming. The vendors were great, the cars were many, and we hope you had a nice time. We appreciate that everyone took time to come to South Bend this weekend. Good friends getting together that have a common passion, a love of Studebaker. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X