Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    Does anyone have any pics of Ted's stuff? I needed the R2 oil pan but couldn't reach him prior to the meet.

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    Lots of cars on Saturday. Friday was cool and wet, but I found the parts I needed and met Studebaker friends from all over. Jim Turner, Phil Harris, Bob Palma, Ted and Mary Harbit, Bob Barrick and so many more made it worth the trip just to visit and admire the cars and parts. Thanks to the Michiana Chapter for the 33rd annual event.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    I had mentioned that car here a couple of weeks ago, it's my bro-in-law's. I have been advising him he doesn't realize what he has. He says he is getting too old to enjoy it (only four years older than I), and I told him someone 10 years older than he will probably end up buying it.

Its a turn key car. He drove it to SB and back home, around 500 miles round trip. It got 14 MPG coming up, with the supercharger unhooked, and on the way home got closer to 15, with the SC hooked up.

It was sold new in Ontario California and garaged in Kentucky since the late 1960s. I never say rust free, but it is as rust free as they come. The interior still shows very well, with exception of the package tray between seat & rear windshield. It was painted around 10 years ago. The tranny was rebuilt by AAMCO in the 1990s, and he rebuilt the engine about four years and 4000 miles ago.

I agree, its a heck of a deal, wish I had room for just one more. A guy there pledged to put the "check in the mail" Monday. My bro-in-law plans to ebay the car in a couple of weeks if the check does not come. I believe it will bring more on ebay anyway.
    Last edited by JoeHall; 05-04-2014, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 5brown1
    replied
    There was a very nice rust free 57 Golden Hawk in the Car Corral for sale at $22500. The owner drove it up from Kentucky. Super charger worked but he had the belt off for economy reasons. He had pictures of the car stripped to bare metal. It was hard to walk away from as it was by far the best deal there in my opinion. He had an interested party on Saturday but I don't know if the deal went through. I would think one would be able to get information from the meet sponsors in order to get the owner's information. That car didn't appear to need anything other than a door adjustment on the PS.
    Maybe someone here has some pictures.

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    The South Bend Swap meet is always a good time.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Based on what I have been seeing on Facebook over the last few days- lots of cars showed up.

Looks like there were lots of parts to be had too...

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• Studebaker Wheel
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1688827Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1688828Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1688829Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1688830Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1688831Click image for larger version

Name:	026.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1688832
    Did not attend Saturday. Some Friday pics above.

Leave a comment:

• sochocki
    started a topic South Bend Swap Meet

South Bend Swap Meet

Went this morning . . . great swap meet, with lots of good parts. Will return there for the show tomorrow. Nice to live only 15 miles away.
Working...
X