Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guido
    replied
    Since he states "Studabaker" bought out Packard in 1958, how does he explain the '57 Packards? The "merger" took place in 1954.

Leave a comment:

• Reggie
    replied
    It would be cool if a 58L-ophile acquired these, so we could learn the background about these cars, and see them revived. My guess is that they were in relatively good shape & would not have required a complete restoration--just repairs-- when they were placed in storage. But, that was probably in the early 70's. Just thinking $3000 for the pair, to a good home,
    a might be about right.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
    I may have asked this question before, but are these 58 Packard 4-drs the last S-P cars to come with a "robe rail" standard on the back of the front seat? I'm pretty sure that Presidents of '58 did not sport such an item.
    I just looked at the pictures I took when I last visited El Cajon. None of the ones I took of my '58 Packard or Dad's '58 President show enough of the back seat to answer either of your questions. Drat.

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
    And I thought Packard bought Studebaker. Not the other way round. Am I wrong?
    I've always heard/read it the same way- Packard bought Studebaker.

History rewritten in CList ads~
    I saw another one last week that told of Studebaker going bankrupt in '66.

Who you gonna believe...?

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    And I thought Packard bought Studebaker. Not the other way round. Am I wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I may have asked this question before, but are these 58 Packard 4-drs the last S-P cars to come with a "robe rail" standard on the back of the front seat? I'm pretty sure that Presidents of '58 did not sport such an item.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    It has been interesting watching the ads for these poor Packards over the years.

The pictures are getting better, and they show how the cars have been cleaned up a bit. (no really- they're cleaner now!!!) The description changes from time to time, but rarely does it include the information most folks are looking for. But the one thing I have yet to understand is how over the two to three years I've seen them for sale- the prices have never changed.

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• 57pack
    replied
    Originally posted by jclary View Post
    Well...this might be a wonderful person selling these cars. Might even be one of us SDC folks. But...when you are asking someone to spend real money (and once we are up to one grand...it's real money!)...at least take a leaf blower, dust it out, de-clutter. How do you expect to convey value if you present it as if it had none to you?
    Some soap and water would go a long way.

Leave a comment:

• evilhawk
    replied
    Neat cars, but $6500 for the pair?? Yikes! Thats a little high. I would think more in the $2500 range for the both of them.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by 62champ View Post
    wow - could they both have all their hubcaps still on? What are the chances...
    I think that happens when you NEVER touch the Cars after purchase!

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Well...this might be a wonderful person selling these cars. Might even be one of us SDC folks. But...when you are asking someone to spend real money (and once we are up to one grand...it's real money!)...at least take a leaf blower, dust it out, de-clutter. How do you expect to convey value if you present it as if it had none to you?

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    wow - could they both have all their hubcaps still on? What are the chances...

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Were they Studabaker Pakards the last time they were up, or have they recently been converted?

Leave a comment:

• hausdok
    started a topic They're Baaaaack!!! Two 1958 Packard 4-Door Sedans

They're Baaaaack!!! Two 1958 Packard 4-Door Sedans

Those two '58 Packard 4-door sedans in Orting, WA apparently didn't sell last time they were listed and they are listed again on the Seattle CL. He's asking $6500 for the two or $3500 each.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4400160133.html
Working...
X