They're Baaaaack!!! Two 1958 Packard 4-Door Sedans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're Baaaaack!!! Two 1958 Packard 4-Door Sedans

Those two '58 Packard 4-door sedans in Orting, WA apparently didn't sell last time they were listed and they are listed again on the Seattle CL. He's asking $6500 for the two or $3500 each.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4400160133.html
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Were they Studabaker Pakards the last time they were up, or have they recently been converted?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

wow - could they both have all their hubcaps still on? What are the chances...

Comment

Well...this might be a wonderful person selling these cars. Might even be one of us SDC folks. But...when you are asking someone to spend real money (and once we are up to one grand...it's real money!)...at least take a leaf blower, dust it out, de-clutter. How do you expect to convey value if you present it as if it had none to you?
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
          wow - could they both have all their hubcaps still on? What are the chances...
          I think that happens when you NEVER touch the Cars after purchase!

StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Neat cars, but $6500 for the pair?? Yikes! Thats a little high. I would think more in the $2500 range for the both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
              Well...this might be a wonderful person selling these cars. Might even be one of us SDC folks. But...when you are asking someone to spend real money (and once we are up to one grand...it's real money!)...at least take a leaf blower, dust it out, de-clutter. How do you expect to convey value if you present it as if it had none to you?
              Some soap and water would go a long way.
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

It has been interesting watching the ads for these poor Packards over the years.

The pictures are getting better, and they show how the cars have been cleaned up a bit. (no really- they're cleaner now!!!) The description changes from time to time, but rarely does it include the information most folks are looking for. But the one thing I have yet to understand is how over the two to three years I've seen them for sale- the prices have never changed.

StudeDave '57
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I may have asked this question before, but are these 58 Packard 4-drs the last S-P cars to come with a "robe rail" standard on the back of the front seat? I'm pretty sure that Presidents of '58 did not sport such an item.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

And I thought Packard bought Studebaker. Not the other way round. Am I wrong?
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      I may have asked this question before, but are these 58 Packard 4-drs the last S-P cars to come with a "robe rail" standard on the back of the front seat? I'm pretty sure that Presidents of '58 did not sport such an item.
                      I just looked at the pictures I took when I last visited El Cajon. None of the ones I took of my '58 Packard or Dad's '58 President show enough of the back seat to answer either of your questions. Drat.

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                      And I thought Packard bought Studebaker. Not the other way round. Am I wrong?
                      I've always heard/read it the same way- Packard bought Studebaker.

History rewritten in CList ads~
                      I saw another one last week that told of Studebaker going bankrupt in '66.

Who you gonna believe...?

StudeDave '57
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

It would be cool if a 58L-ophile acquired these, so we could learn the background about these cars, and see them revived. My guess is that they were in relatively good shape & would not have required a complete restoration--just repairs-- when they were placed in storage. But, that was probably in the early 70's. Just thinking $3000 for the pair, to a good home,
                        a might be about right.

Comment

Since he states "Studabaker" bought out Packard in 1958, how does he explain the '57 Packards? The "merger" took place in 1954.
                          Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                          X