Find the Studebakers in the Pile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find the Studebakers in the Pile

No fair looking at the COMMENTS for hints ...see if you can find the Studebakers all by yourownself:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...59/?refer=news

(I see one, and possibly a second one. ) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Well, for sure I see the nose of a '53, about the fourth layer down, and a little to the right of the middle of the pile. And it might be a '53 sedan in the second layer, top left, just under the Pontiac facing the camera.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

"I see one, and possibly a second one." As do I!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey...it's already cloudy here this morning...too morbid...too painful...too depressing...I wish I hadn't looked...I'm offended...I'm moving on...hope I can sleep tonight
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

What's amazing is that many of those cars weren't even 5 years old when that photo was taken
          Clark in San Diego
          '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
          http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I see the '53 Stude. Anyone else see the step-down Hudson?

Craig

Comment

I'm un-decided about two Studes,but see one for sure. ( I do see one car that has Me curious ) the white Station Wagon on the far Left a little more than half way down.what make is it ?,doesn't the rear door look quite long - compare it too the other White wagon a little further down too the right.and also does it look Pre - 59 ?
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Possibly a 56 sedan to the left of the panel truck on the lower right.

Rich

Comment

My first reaction was bolstered by the comments on that page - hard to believe this was shot in 1959. Too many cars just a couple of years old if 1959 is correct. Hell, my dad always bought 3 or 4 year old cars - he couldn't see payin' the price of a new one.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wow I stared and stared at that pile a long time before I finally saw the squashed '53 C or K in there, some quite distant, fuzzy and on weird angles it is very hard to tell. I named all of them except that Clearly Stude. at first even the Hudson. There is just about every '55 to '58 make in there, plus more like a '52 or '53 Ford Coupe.

The top light colored Wagon on the left looks like a Buick with odd looking long rear doors and one below it is a '56 Chev.

But what has me puzzled is the Car with it's tail in the air on the very Top, just right of center, to the right of the 4 round taillight thing that looks like a '59 Plymouth Wagon, it looks like a '57-'58 Dodge or a '58 Scotsman, very hard to tell.

Then on level 3 extreme right edge, 2 Cars Left of the Ford Panel Truck there is that strange looking front end that almost resembles a '55 Stude. hood but the chrome bar top of the grille does not look right, more like the top of a '56 Sedan, so I can't figure that one out either.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                      What's amazing is that many of those cars weren't even 5 years old when that photo was taken
                      Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      My first reaction was bolstered by the comments on that page - hard to believe this was shot in 1959. Too many cars just a couple of years old if 1959 is correct. Hell, my dad always bought 3 or 4 year old cars - he couldn't see payin' the price of a new one.
                      I thought the exact same thing. Of course, back then folks often traded cars every couple of years. My grandfather did.

Comment

Here's the picture in a bigger size:
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

If this salvage owner would have bought a building to put the nicest ones in he'd be a lot richer today
                          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                            I'm un-decided about two Studes,but see one for sure. ( I do see one car that has Me curious ) the white Station Wagon on the far Left a little more than half way down.what make is it ?,doesn't the rear door look quite long - compare it too the other White wagon a little further down too the right.and also does it look Pre - 59 ?
                            Looks like a '55 Buick to me, Joe, perhaps an airport car. The one below is a '56 Chevy.
                            sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                            1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                            1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                            1963 8E28 GSA order
                            1963 8E5 SOLD!
                            1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Bob,now that YOU mention it - I see the right rear tail light as Buick "hey how's the WHITE stuff up North"
                              Originally posted by Bish View Post
                              Looks like a '55 Buick to me, Joe, perhaps an airport car. The one below is a '56 Chevy.
                              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                              X