Reach Deal buying 39 Commander today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reach Deal buying 39 Commander today?

Today finally reach deal on buying a 1939 Studebaker Commander 2 door sdn. with 48,000 miles on it. Now to get it home and in my garage. Wife is going along with the deal. Boy am I lucky. When I get it home I will Take pictures of it. Its a great car that always been in good hands. I don't think it has overdrive. Would like to put skirts on it. Its a female. I feel lucky about this. Is that normal? I have all Fords in my garage now. 1922,1924,1927,1929,1930,1931,1933,1935,1939,1940 and 1950. Now a Studebaker. Hope they are not upset about this?

Congradulation; looking forward to pictures. Fords should get over it.

Comment

Welcome and congratulations! Looking forward to the photos! Lot's of knowledgeable Studebaker folks hang out here (I am NOT one of them!). Sounds like a sweet car. As a former Ford owner (my first antique car was a '46 Ford Super Deluxe Club Coupe), I'll bet you will soon be putting up those Fords for adoption to make room for more Studebakers. There is something satisfying about giving a home to an orphan. And one is never enough. Now it's time to join the Studebakers Drivers Club. Also check out the Antique Studebaker Club which is devoted to Studebakers up to 1946. I belong to both clubs. They have a forum, too, but it's not nearly as active as this one. .http://forums.aaca.org/f126/

Comment

Wow, you have a damn big garage! I'm envious. Congrats on the '39 Commander. (Tell your Fords new blood was needed if they don't want to get inbred.)

Comment

Ken; If you do need an overdrive transmission I have a rebuilt one in stock. Jerry KURTZ, York Pa, 717 308 1800

Comment

Welcome, Ken!
            Look for other Studebaker enthusiasts in Southwest PA. Check out the Allegheny Region Chapter of the SDC.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/chapters.asp
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Today at 5:30 I am driving the 39 Home

Soon it will be time to go and get the 39. My grandson is going with me. He needs to get his feet wet. About the overdrive I will half to see what rear end gears are in the car. Might stop at the car wash on the way home. It depends on how it runs. I plan on taking pictures of it when we pick it up. I am a bit nervous as usual when getting a new ride. I guess that normal. You fellows will be surprise on how nice this car is.

Comment

Working...
              X