tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail lights

Hi, Does anybody know where I can get some NOS or Repo tail lioghst for my 61 Lark 6, W model?

David G. Nittler
    David G. Nittler

'61 Lark tail lights are "unobtanium". If you do find any, they will be well over $100 each. Paying for them is easier than finding them however [:0]. I believe '59 and '60 lenses will fit. They may not be exactly correct, but few will know.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

'61 Lark tail lights are "unobtanium". If you do find any, they will be well over $100 each. Paying for them is easier than finding them however [:0]. I believe '59 and '60 lenses will fit. They may not be exactly correct, but few will know.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

59 & 60 lenses will work, but you have to rework the screw holes and maybe the bulb location.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

59 & 60 lenses will work, but you have to rework the screw holes and maybe the bulb location.

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I have one N.O.S. 61 lens for sale but it is very expensive, if interested contact me by e-mail through my profile for pricing.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I have one N.O.S. 61 lens for sale but it is very expensive, if interested contact me by e-mail through my profile for pricing.
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Ouch![:0] Glad I have a pick-up with a P1 Bed... new lenses run about $15 apiece.

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>

Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander
                Zone Coordinator
                Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Ouch![:0] Glad I have a pick-up with a P1 Bed... new lenses run about $15 apiece.

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>

Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander
                  Zone Coordinator
                  Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

The problem with switching to '60 Lenses is that '59-'60 Larks had the bulb socket hole in the corner of the fender, whereas the '61 is in the REAR!

So then you have to use a holesaw to cut a large hole through fender/rear panel to mount the '60 housing which you will also have to find and buy! Not to mention the '60 Lenses at $45.00 ea. and the special gaskets, and welding up the extra holes. Not very good news, but very do-able!

quote:Originally posted by lstude

59 & 60 lenses will work, but you have to rework the screw holes and maybe the bulb location.Leonard Shepherd
                    StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The problem with switching to '60 Lenses is that '59-'60 Larks had the bulb socket hole in the corner of the fender, whereas the '61 is in the REAR!

So then you have to use a holesaw to cut a large hole through fender/rear panel to mount the '60 housing which you will also have to find and buy! Not to mention the '60 Lenses at $45.00 ea. and the special gaskets, and welding up the extra holes. Not very good news, but very do-able!

quote:Originally posted by lstude

59 & 60 lenses will work, but you have to rework the screw holes and maybe the bulb location.Leonard Shepherd
                      StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                      X