Black Splash Guards (Mud Flaps) for 1966 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Splash Guards (Mud Flaps) for 1966 Daytona

Would anyone happen to have, or know where I could source, a pair of Black splash guards for my (ex Bill Pressler) Daytona?

Chris Skinner once had white ones, but we agreed that Black suits the Niagara Blue Mist better.
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

I've got a pair of NOS white ones...If you want to dye them black...PM me.

Comment

PM sent...
      John Clements

Comment

These would probably be good items to remanufacture.

Comment

I still have some white ones here if anyone is interested. I bought them for my Daytona but then decided that white on a Astra white car was a bit too much.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
            I still have some white ones here if anyone is interested. I bought them for my Daytona but then decided that white on a Astra white car was a bit too much.

Chris.
            OK, I'll buy them Chris, will also get jack's as I now have 4 Studebakers.

Namely:

1966 Daytona Sports Sedan
            1966 Cruisers Automatic (2) Manual (1)
            John Clements

Comment

Reviving this post as neither Jack, nor Chris has contacted me re selling me these items, if the gentlemen still have their items and wish to sell them, can they please contact me.

Many thanks

John

PS This is not me having a go at either gentleman, Jack asked me to PM him which I did, and in post#6 I said I'll buy them Chris. Maybe we can do some business.
              John Clements

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                Reviving this post as neither Jack, nor Chris has contacted me re selling me these items, if the gentlemen still have their items and wish to sell them, can they please contact me.

Many thanks

John

PS This is not me having a go at either gentleman, Jack asked me to PM him which I did, and in post#6 I said I'll buy them Chris. Maybe we can do some business.
                John, I emailed you a large list of 1966 specific items the other day and didn't hear back. I assumed you would have wanted the white mud flaps sent with other items if an order eventuated. But I am happy to send them on their own if you prefer.

Chris.

Comment

John, hope you are still enjoying the '66 that I had owned. It was absolutely the most rock-solid Studebaker of the three I had owned.

I saw on a 'Studebaker of Australia' link the other day, my old Strato Blue '64 Daytona Hardtop was for sale by Matt. The ad was a couple years old but that's the first time I'd seen it. That car was somewhat of a plain-Jane, option-wise, but I was emotionally attached to it as it was sold by my good friend Ed Filer, the Studebaker dealer in my little hometown, and I have vivid memories of having seen the car around town ('64 and later Studes in a town of under 9K weren't a common sight, although ironically, there were the folks who had owned that car and a lady who drove a white '65 four-door Commander, only one street apart, in the late '70's!).

Did the car change hands, do you know? I know Australia's a big country and you might not know every single soul who likes Studebakers there.
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Yeah Bill it sold about a month ago.
                    Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                      Yeah Bill it sold about a month ago.
                      Thanks, Brian. Hope it gets the lovin' I think it deserves.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Ok..... I see the problem. I got a somewhat nasty email (not this here) about me not contacting another person on this forum. It is now obvious to me there is a definite problem with the email end on this forum. I responded to you last week too. I can send again. Another problem is I have sent out no fewer than 20 emails in the last month to forum members here.... my SENT box shows me sending zero emails......problem...

Comment

Working...
                        X