In dash AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In dash AC

Has anyone found a good in dash AC unit that can be installed in a 1962 Hawk? I did a search and did not find much help. thanks

Did you try Vintage Air in San Antonio, TX?

Mark

Comment

Is it safe to assume that you know that even the factory air in these cars was an under dash unit?
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Is it safe to assume that you know that even the factory air in these cars was an under dash unit?
        I know it had under dash AC but I was hoping to install a in dash AC with heater with it. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I talked to a Vintage Air shop here and he is still working on something, thanks

Comment

Talk to Mike Myer at Myer's Studebaker. He's worked out a way to install an integrated Vintage Air unit into an Avanti (including mine). Maybe he's done it for a Hawk as well.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Here are a couple pictures of a Vintage Air in a 55 K body. I don't know if there is less room in a Hawk. You can get the measurement on the VA website and build a cardboard mockup which is what I did.
              Attached Files

Comment

I just came across this today. Might be what you are looking for. http://www.hotrodexpress.com/index.p...t_detail&p=184

Comment

Thanks everyone I will let you know what I come up with.

Comment

The pictures appear to be a vintage air Gen II Compact there is one smaller unit called the Mini.

I put a compact, centrally located in the Lark.
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I put a vintage air Gen II Compact in my 53 with a 57 dash.
                      It fits, it's real tight.
                      I think it just barely keeps up with the cooling, I would not try the smaller unit.

Comment

Try Classic Auto Auto Air. Tampa Florida jimmijim
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

On my M series , I put vintage air ,heat and defrost . Mine sets on passenger side .
                          Attached Files
                          Randy Wilkin
                          1946 M5 Streetrod
                          Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                          X