2R10 SEATS needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2R10 SEATS needed

Need seats and everything that it takes to install them in a 1949 2R10 pickup. Also looking for special tool needed to remove hubs.

The Timken or Dana axles are common enough among other make Trucks that most Tool Supplies, Auto Parts etc. carry the tool also used on most Full Floating Axle 3/4 Ton and larger trucks like; Fords, Internationals and Dodges.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Any specific name of this tool?

Comment

How about: "Full Floating Rear Axle Bearing adjusting Nut Socket"?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ches&FORM=IGRE

Probably like this:

Wheel Bearing Locknut Socket 2 3/8" ---- Measure the Nut.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 02-23-2014, 11:20 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Boon, I have modified your post title to help people better understand what you're after. Good luck finding what you need.

Cheers!
          Clark in San Diego
          '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
          http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a seat out of a 1950 2R5. As far as I know they are the same. The seat frame is in good condition and I have put some black paint on it. The seat coushions will need to be redone or covered. They were in my truck up untill last week when I switched to buckets. Only trouble will be is shipping. I would take $100 plus shipping for the lot.
            Attached Files

Comment

From what I've been told there were two different seats used in the 49s. How is the back attached to the truck?

Comment

You are correct there are 2 types of seats. A"deluxe" seat which I have and the Cheapy Chuger seat. The Cheapy seat bottom bolts to the floor and has 3 bolt holes for positioning. Then the back fits in tabs at the bottom and has a hinge type device at the top. The one I have has a frame that bolts to the floor along the inside of the foot step. Then the seat fits in to to the frame. The top actually has tabs that go over the top of the frame.

Comment

My truck has two posts sticking up from the floor. No holes on side of step. Also has hinges below back window. I'm assuming that is where the back seat hangs from.

Comment

Wow I have not seen any like that before. My truck has the holes in the step and some one did drill the hole below the window. Either seat should work for you

Comment

Originally posted by boon View Post
                      Need seats and everything that it takes to install them in a 1949 2R10 pickup. Also looking for special tool needed to remove hubs.
                      Yes I have a pretty good seat and frame. It came out of a 2r5 but should be the same. call me at 541-882-7294 dave Powell

Comment

Dave is it the kind that mounts to two pins in the floor and hinges below window for back seat?

Comment

Working...
                        X