For my 56 Champion heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my 56 Champion heater

I am down to where I have to put hoses on my heater and defroster. I have the Ts but need a picture of how the hoses should be routed. Anyone have a 56 Champion with the hoses as they should run that can take a picture for me?
    Would appreciate some help here. Thanks, Nick

Nick,

I have an exploded view for the 1957 Champion that was sent to me in 2000 by David Levesque. At that time I had my heater core re-cored but have not installed the system as yet. If you send me your mailing address, I will copy the data and send it to you. I would assume that set up for '56 and '57 would be the same.
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Once again, this should be largely the same as for my Commanders. The only difference is where it attaches to the motor as I have V8s and you have a six. Let me get a shot or two of the engine compartment on the sedan.

Have you run the ducting for the under-seat heater? I just used flexible dryer venting on Bess. I suppose you'll want something more correct for your beauty.

EDIT:

Well... best laid plans of mice and men, etc, etc, etc... Batteries are dead in the camera and I can't find the charger. Anyone else with a '56-'58 that can take this shot is welcome to beat me to it. I won't be able to get to it now for a few days. Sorry about that Nick...
      Last edited by studeclunker; 02-21-2014, 01:03 AM.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Nick responded to PM by PM.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd like to help, but my cars and/or any photos I have that could help are all 1500 miles away from me right now. Sorry.

Say, aren't there any pictures in the repair manual or parts books that could help?

Mine are up North as well.

StudeDave '57
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

StudeDave57,

I shall be posting (snail mail) the needed data/photos to Nick on Saturday. This is a wonderful community that gets so many involved in assisting each other.

George

Comment

Working...
            X