Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stainless Steel dent repair and polishing source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel dent repair and polishing source?

With Matt now retired, do you all have any recommendations on folks that provide stainless steel moulding dent removal and polishing services? I live in Virginia so someone out this way would be preferable. Thanks

Many of us attempt to do it ourselves with the aid of Lark Parker's instructions noted in the Tech Tips section of the SDC web site. If you want to spend money, many of the chrome shops also do stainless restoration. I know LiBrandi Plating in Middletown, PA does.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Matt retired? Huh didn't know.....

Comment

Send it 'down under', we do all of this type of stainless repair and polishing!

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by GThawkwind View Post
          Matt retired? Huh didn't know.....
          Retired at 22?....Must have hit the lottery!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
            Retired at 22?....Must have hit the lottery!
            No, just retired from stainless work and went into other work.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I know someone in Ohio. Kerry Dancy sent his to him and was happy with the work and the price. Mine looked like chrome when it was done and I think he is very reasonable. PM me for # if your interested.
              Last edited by RareBird; 02-21-2014, 01:11 PM.
              sigpic

Packardbakerly,
              J.D.

Comment

can you send me the telephone number for man in Ohio ? Do you still have your Packard Hawk ...its is Shadowtone Red correct? my 58 golden hawk is the same color how many miles on your packard ?
                Joe Parsons , Raleigh, NC

Joe Parsons

Comment

RareBird, I sent you a PM shortly after you posted #7. Can you please PM me the phone number? Thanks

Comment

So that's what happened... I sent a couple of pieces to him a couple of years back, paid for it then communications went south and I'm still without my stuff. Juat another fiasco to chalk up to experience I guess...

Comment

... So what's the kid up to now?

Comment

Working...
                      X