52 in my driveway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 in my driveway

I got home from church today and my brother and the delivery driver already had my 52 off the trailer. Worked out well for me. We had time to get his truck out and make it to our chapter meeting. Tomorrow I'll get it started and see what I've got.

sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Glad you got it home. Looks like every thing worked out just right.
    7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
    SDC Member 1985

Comment

Congrats!!!! Good feeling, isn't it?
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The 50 and 51s have a very recognizable grille and are every where, but I also really like the looks of the 52 grille treatment with that body.
        sigpic

Comment

Looking good. Howard
          Dusty

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Congradulations. I like it. More pictures soon. please!!

Comment

Happy to hear it made it to its new home safe and sound, and that everything worked out well for you regarding the delivery. Looks like the "Korean chrome" on it was restored. That alone should be worth close to what you spent on the entire car. Enjoy!

Comment

Glad you got her home, it will be a good start.
                I can't imagine Leonard installing a replacement Fender on the Right that was bowed like that, maybe it got hit afterward?
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hi neighbor. I'm just north of Memphis and have a 48 Champion waiting on me to get started.
                  The 52 looks like a good project.
                  Keep us informed.

Comment

Yes, good looking grillework on this car.....that's huge

Comment

Lookin' good, Howard; congratulations on the new arrival. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with the chrome on the car. The bumpers need help, but that will be easier than the pot metal.
                        I don't know what the story is on the fender. I didn't notice the bow in the earlier pictures, but on the light color it is hard to see. Now that I go back and look at the enlarged picture in Wes' yard, I can see the pucker in the edge of the fender.

Sitting outside has not been kind to the old paint, but I'll address that in due time. First comes getting the engine fired up and then some overall safety checks.

Last edited by 52-fan; 02-16-2014, 07:39 PM.
                        sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Very nice, good luck with it.
                          sigpic
                          2005 Dodge Magnum
                          1952 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I have a few 52's in my days and when in high school a good friend's mother had a blue 52 commander convert she bought it new and we did do our share of cruising in it, never have forgot about it and the good times . It has always been one of my favorites back then and even now followed by the 52 hardtop. The one and only hardtop I had is now in Australia and just about finished with a full restoration. I have just made a deal on one of the best 52 hardtops still around, if you were at the Colorado Springs International meet then you saw it there , it took best of division, it will soon be in my 5 car garage . one very very nice car, glad to own it.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

"Sitting outside has not been kind to the old paint, but I'll address that in due time. First comes getting the engine fired up and then some overall safety checks."

Yep, as is often said here, first make it stop, then make it go, then address the rest. And that's not "old paint." That's "patina!"

Comment

Working...
                              X