2002 Avanti on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Avanti on ebay

Interesting to note that it is described as "2002 Avanti by Studebaker." Listed as built for Donald Kelly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...US_Cars_Trucks
    Last edited by ddub; 02-15-2014, 02:43 PM.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Oh Oh....There are three people on this forum who wont like that! (Don't ask Me how I know this )

Comment

This particular Avanti was on eBay in Florida a couple of months ago. I was one of the high bidders, but did not get it. I see that it came to a NY dealer. That dealer has had it on eBay for a variety of buy it now prices over the past month or two. I believe (IIRC - I didn't look it up) that he paid $25K for it. I think that he started out asking $35K for it and has gradually come down on his price.

As far as the "Studebaker" part, if you look at the factory label on the B-pillar/door jamb, you will see that it does state: "Studebaker".

I guess that means that SN-60s "three" goes to two <G>.

Donald Kelly is a son of Mike Kelly.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        This particular Avanti was on eBay in Florida a couple of months ago. I was one of the high bidders, but did not get it. I see that it came to a NY dealer. That dealer has had it on eBay for a variety of buy it now prices over the past month or two. I believe (IIRC - I didn't look it up) that he paid $25K for it. I think that he started out asking $35K for it and has gradually come down on his price.

As far as the "Studebaker" part, if you look at the factory label on the B-pillar/door jamb, you will see that it does state: "Studebaker".

I guess that means that SN-60s "three" goes to two <G>.

Donald Kelly is a son of Mike Kelly.
        Attaboy Gary,......I knew we could make You a believer!

Comment

They paid 25,100. It was imported from Mexico and sold out of Florida.

A neat car, color is not my favorite and I don't really like what they did with the upsweep on the rear doors of the coupes. Would be a nice cruiser!

Comment

That upsweep was done to give the look of the recurved back windows on the original design. There was no mechanical need for it...just to honor the original look.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Yes, a nice throwback to the original design- but I feel it makes the window too small.

This picture shows what it looks like from the inside- looks like fiberglass covering with the original firebird window shape on the inside.

Comment

That is one really weird looking Back Seat Area.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                X