No announcement yet.

Studebaker Pictures from Sacramento Autorama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The engine in the Woody is a Ford FE with a one off induction system originally built for an Edsel. You can see more about it here:

http://blogs.hotrod.com/custom1950-s...#axzz2tVbNXcoO
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Nice work Pat.....!!!

Comment

Both '55 speedsters look great! Blackwall tires aren't often seen on Speedsters, and give this one a 'real world' look. The white/red color combo on the other Speedster is very appealing. Studebaker must have thought so too, as the very last production Speedster, built in September of 1955, was white and red.

Comment

Thanks Pat for sharing your great pictures and to all who displayed their classic Studebakers. I especially liked the 1950 Woody Wagon and the "Wooly Mammoth" truck that was outside.
          JimsLeadCommander

Comment

The two-tone blue '53 Champion Hardtop is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
              <snip>
              Also this neat truck that needs a little Lark Shine.

Great pic's.
              Two questions....
              (A) Did you get access before hours to shoot your pic's?
              (B) Does anyone have a pic of the Ccab art car before the growth occured?
              (I swear I have seen a pic in that setting sans grass)
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

http://s122.photobucket.com/user/nw3...ale%207%202009

Here are the pictures I posted in 2009. Most of these have been sold but this is them 5 years ago.

The 57 silverhawk,58 packardhawk, 53or 54 on the lift have been gone since 2010. The rest I don't know.
                Last edited by Anne F. Goodman; 02-16-2014, 06:24 PM. Reason: added stuff
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Great pictures and the full page slide show on Flickr is really sharp.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

I think I remember the picture you are thinking of, Jeff. If I remember correctly, it was not the same setting, but the truck I am thinking was left in an abandoned military base of some sort. Very similar setting... I could be wrong.
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK
                      Great pic's.
                      Two questions....
                      (A) Did you get access before hours to shoot your pic's?
                      (A) No, I took most of the pictures early on Friday before crowds showed up. The Club House area where our Studes were is quite a ways from the entrance so it took a while before many people showed up there. The other cars I hit lucky or was just patient till I got a clear shot. Also many people were courteous when they saw folks trying to get a picture. Believe it or not.

(B)Actually I don't think this truck is a Studebaker, pretty sure it is an International Harvester. It has been on the fair grounds for quite a long time.

Glad everyone is enjoying the pictures. We had a real good week-end talking Studes and our upcoming Zone Meet. Hopefully we will get some new chapter and SDC members as well.

Regarding the Fresno cars, I am supposed to have pictures of what is left soon. I was told that $2k will buy all three of them.

I personally have no interest in them, just trying to help them be put to good use and James wants to help the widow be done with them.
                      Last edited by Pat Dilling; 02-16-2014, 09:34 PM.
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                        Both '55 speedsters look great! Blackwall tires aren't often seen on Speedsters, and give this one a 'real world' look. The white/red color combo on the other Speedster is very appealing. Studebaker must have thought so too, as the very last production Speedster, built in September of 1955, was white and red.
                        One neat thing about these Speedsters is both of them get driven quite a bit. The green one has over 235,000 miles on it (aiming for 1,000,000), and was restored by the current owner when he was in high school! The white and burgandy one was driven to the IM in Glendale AZ from Sacramento in 2010 and I believe it also is over 100,000.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Working...
                        X