My bikes in trade for a Stude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bikes in trade for a Stude

1985 Western Flyer made for Western Auto Stores by Columbia manufacturing of Massachusetts using their original tooling for Columbia's top of the line bicycle of 1951. The other two are Schwinn Taiwan circa 1999 boy and girl set having a 7 speed internal shift hub with coaster brake. Billed as a resurrection of the Black Phantom from the late 40's to late 50's. Just thought some would like to se 'em. Couldn't post photos in stove huggers. Will trade for Studebaker. cheers jimmijim Ain't they perdy?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jimmijim8; 02-15-2014, 06:33 AM.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Very nice, is the cat negotiable in the trade?
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Actually the cat and the 55 Prez are an item. cheers jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Those are great looking bikes ! I know they aren't Studebakers , there is no oil spots under them
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

They are pretty....and no doubt worth a few bucks!!

Comment

One of my bikes

Here is a Black Phantom
            Attached Files
            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
            Lewisville,NC

Comment

What is the year Ken? Does it have reflectors on the pedals? Locking fork? cheers jimmijim
              Originally posted by blackhawk61 View Post
              Here is a Black Phantom

Comment

Here is a Black Phantom
                I see TWO Black Phantoms.....NICE!!

Comment

Schwinn originally made phantoms of different colors. Black Phantom were black. There were also Green Phantoms. There were reproductions made of both as I recall
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Here is a Black Phantom
                    Not to change the subject, but I must say that this '61 Hawk is an especially nice looking Studebaker.

Comment

I happened to stop in a bicycle store today (Helen's) where they had bike's with prices from $329.99 to $7,999.99!!! The $8,000.00 bike WAS on sale for a mere $5,999.99. It appeared to have 36 gears, disk brakes, and was so light .... perhaps it was made of Carbon Fiber?? (Don't know....nothing on the 'tags' referred to any of the structure or possible options). The 'brand name' on most they had including the really light one was "TREK." But, I really like the green/white color scheme of your good old solid Schwinn!
                      Last edited by JimsLeadCommander; 02-16-2014, 07:01 PM.
                      JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Working...
                      X