1937 Stude Ambulance model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Stude Ambulance model

Fairfield collectables has a diecast model (product no. 13692NX) of a 1937 coupe express ambulance that they claim was used during WW2.
    Price is $34.99 + tax, shipping, and insurance with a final total of $47+ change. www.fairfieldcollectibles.com or call
    1 800 964 8908 24/7

I have never heard, seen, or known of such a thing that was made for WW2. Anybody with pics, and info?

http://www.fairfieldcollectibles.com...er-woody-wagon

Comment

It looks like this is just a ploy to sell another version of their Coupe Express/Hearse model. If they really want to make a version that would generate sales they ought to make a 4-door Dictator and President. I would buy a couple. Studebaker did make horse drawn ambulances which were used in WWI. It is possible that a few of these were still around in WWII.
      George Cagle
      North Alabama Chapter

1937 Dictator
      1947 M5
      1948 Commander
      1963 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by Pckstude View Post
        Fairfield collectables has a diecast model (product no. 13692NX) of a 1937 coupe express ambulance that they claim was used during WW2.
        Price is $34.99 + tax, shipping, and insurance with a final total of $47+ change. www.fairfieldcollectibles.com or call
        1 800 964 8908 24/7

I have never heard, seen, or known of such a thing that was made for WW2. Anybody with pics, and info?
        1/32 scale

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by GWCagle View Post
          It looks like this is just a ploy to sell another version of their Coupe Express/Hearse model. If they really want to make a version that would generate sales they ought to make a 4-door Dictator and President. I would buy a couple. Studebaker did make horse drawn ambulances which were used in WWI. It is possible that a few of these were still around in WWII.
          There is a resin model kit of a 1937 4 door Studebaker made.
          It is made in Romania and shows up on eBay ever so often. My brother and I bought 5 kits to resell and did back in 2007. I only have one kit now.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

I think it is pretty cool anytime someone produces a die cast Studebaker of any kind. Also, I like this one. However, since the major conflicts that became WWII are generally accepted to have begun in 1939...you'd have to give a wink and a nod that Studebaker would have supplied new Ambulance vehicles sporting a 1937 nose.
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Ebay has them for $28.49 with free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1937-STUDEBA...item5403c85ffb

Comment

Originally posted by GWCagle View Post
                It looks like this is just a ploy to sell another version of their Coupe Express/Hearse model.

I agree with you, George. I have been a student of Studebakers for 40+ years and have never read of, seen a photo of, nor have been told about a 1937 Coupe Express built for military duty. That claim is pure bull-sheet. I can't imagine a "Coupe Express" ambulance when there were already Commander and President chassis available with experienced ambulance builders on hand. Who would buy a CE chassis and cab and then create a cheaper ambulance for military duty? Don't think Uncle Sam was in that market!

Frank Drumheller
                Locust Grove, VA
                60S-W6
                M16-52 1948 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Comment

Working...
                X