Frankenstein!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankenstein!

I just bought a 62 Daytona body from Brad Daugherty in MI- 2 dr HT, factory 4 spd. car. No engine or trans., but floors, frame and trunk are SOLID. Came from CO. Was going to go after it Sun. but my much better half Linda needs major surgery sooner than we thought (Wed.) and wants to go, so we're going after it in a few weeks when she feels up to it. I had intended to hold off till I had pics, but am at a race track waiting out a rain delay, so I'm posting now. Will add pics later.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Best of luck to you and your wife with the surgery Robert, I hope all goes well.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Best of luck to you and your wife with the surgery Robert, I hope all goes well.

John Clements
      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      Lockleys South Australia
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Thanks John.

Just to add:

The name "Frankenstein" refers to the fact that this car will be pieced together from several cars: This body, roof from the Skytop, running gear from the GT, and who knows what else...

Kinda forgot that in the OP...[:I]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thanks John.

Just to add:

The name "Frankenstein" refers to the fact that this car will be pieced together from several cars: This body, roof from the Skytop, running gear from the GT, and who knows what else...

Kinda forgot that in the OP...[:I]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I wish you & miss's the best during her recovery, Don't rush the pics of ole Frankenstein. I'm sure he will show his face in due time.

Randy_G
            1959 Lark Sedan
            www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

I wish you & miss's the best during her recovery, Don't rush the pics of ole Frankenstein. I'm sure he will show his face in due time.

Randy_G
              1959 Lark Sedan
              www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Congrates on the score. If you don't make it until Thanksgiving, give me a call. I'll be up there visiting the folks. Sarnia and Windsor are great this time of year...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Congrates on the score. If you don't make it until Thanksgiving, give me a call. I'll be up there visiting the folks. Sarnia and Windsor are great this time of year...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Hey, Bams

Did you win the lottery when I wasn't looking? You seem to be buying every project Stude in sight.

Good luck with Frankinstein. LIFE, LIFE ... give him life!!!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                    53 Starliner Hardtop
                    Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Hey, Bams

Did you win the lottery when I wasn't looking? You seem to be buying every project Stude in sight.

Good luck with Frankinstein. LIFE, LIFE ... give him life!!!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                      53 Starliner Hardtop
                      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude53

Didn't win the lottery, I just went back to my previous sideline as a male "dancer"... makes me feel used but pays good

Actually, I only have 3 "project" Studes- Molly (Lark wg.), Gertie (59 Lark 2dsd), and as-yet unnamed 57 Provincial; the rest are for parts. And of course, Frankenstein makes 4[8D]

Probably seems like I'm buying 'em all because I consider them all...

I've been planning to build a Lark muscle car- V8 4bbl. 4-spd. TT Skytop- but all Stude. It will be stock appearing righnt down to the hubcaps[] Wanted 62 or 63 J-body; but when I was able to buy the 62 Skytop parts car, that locked me in, as the roof is different between 62 & 63. So the GT's running gear and the roof from the Skytop will go onto this body; plus if there's any question at all about the frame, I'll have Bob P. bring me one to Reedsville. All the different donors make the name a natural fit...

FWIW, this will be back-burnered for probably most of a year; Gertie is a driver that mostly just needs paint and interior, and that's up next (winter)... then the Provincial, which Momma likes... THEN Frank. Unless something comes along and shoves it's way to the front of the line[)] I don't mind having several project cars around- as the saying goes "they don't eat nuthin'" and I've got the space for them (my new building's filling up before it's even done[:I])

Gotta get 'em when you find 'em!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude53

Didn't win the lottery, I just went back to my previous sideline as a male "dancer"... makes me feel used but pays good

Actually, I only have 3 "project" Studes- Molly (Lark wg.), Gertie (59 Lark 2dsd), and as-yet unnamed 57 Provincial; the rest are for parts. And of course, Frankenstein makes 4[8D]

Probably seems like I'm buying 'em all because I consider them all...

I've been planning to build a Lark muscle car- V8 4bbl. 4-spd. TT Skytop- but all Stude. It will be stock appearing righnt down to the hubcaps[] Wanted 62 or 63 J-body; but when I was able to buy the 62 Skytop parts car, that locked me in, as the roof is different between 62 & 63. So the GT's running gear and the roof from the Skytop will go onto this body; plus if there's any question at all about the frame, I'll have Bob P. bring me one to Reedsville. All the different donors make the name a natural fit...

FWIW, this will be back-burnered for probably most of a year; Gertie is a driver that mostly just needs paint and interior, and that's up next (winter)... then the Provincial, which Momma likes... THEN Frank. Unless something comes along and shoves it's way to the front of the line[)] I don't mind having several project cars around- as the saying goes "they don't eat nuthin'" and I've got the space for them (my new building's filling up before it's even done[:I])

Gotta get 'em when you find 'em!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I thought you were doing a frame off on a Lark 4 door sedan as well?

Oh, and congrats on the purchase. I wanna SkyTop!! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                            '59 Scotsman
                            '63 Daytona
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I thought you were doing a frame off on a Lark 4 door sedan as well?

Oh, and congrats on the purchase. I wanna SkyTop!! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                              '59 Scotsman
                              '63 Daytona
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X