Ed George's Avanti in March 2014 MCR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed George's Avanti in March 2014 MCR!

Congratulations to Ed George for his 1963 white R3 Avanti making a good appearance in the new, March 2014 Muscle Car Review. 'Just got my copy in this morning's mail and flipped right to the article entitled,

The Pebble Beach of Muscle Cars: The Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals.

The article says over 500 cars were displayed this year. Of the 500, 21 were chosen by Muscle Car Review Editors for special attention, with their own individual photo and information.

Ed's R3 Avanti was among those 21:

And if you peek behind Ed's Avanti, you see Eric DeRosa's Rose Mist 1963 R2 Lark Custom 2-door, part of the "Two Studebakers to GO!" display.

Again, Ed and Eric, Congratulations. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

MCR's commentary of this? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=george+avanti

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      That's correct, Craig; same event, now with national print coverage in Muscle Car Review. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        That's correct, Craig; same event, now with national print coverage in Muscle Car Review. BP
        And I absolutely LOVE the "JT" prefix on what I presume are YOM plates on Eric's car!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          And I absolutely LOVE the "JT" prefix on what I presume are YOM plates on Eric's car!

Craig

Craig, that plate was just pure luck. I was looking on ebay for a cheap set of year of mfr plates for the car a few weeks before the show, and that set with the "JT" prefix showed up! Only thing better would have been "JTS"!

Attached is another photo of the two cars together.Click image for larger version

Name:	Two cars together from FB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1687784 I think in the future I need to park right on the tail of Ed's Avanti so I can get in more pictures!
          Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
          \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Being that BP didn't say it, I will....Cool beans!
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

'Dang, Brent; ya' got me on that one! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Congrats to Ed and Cyndi. this is a great car with excellent provenance. like all of ed's cars, i visit 'em whenever i can. (and sometimes work on them a little, too!)
                61 lark cruiser
                64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                    Craig, that plate was just pure luck. I was looking on ebay for a cheap set of year of mfr plates for the car a few weeks before the show, and that set with the "JT" prefix showed up! Only thing better would have been "JTS"
                    Just be thankful you got one with "JT"! I tried to get an Alberta YOM plate with a 'JT' prefix as 1963 plates here also started with two letters of the alphabet followed by four numbers, but according to one of the vintage licence plate vendors, they don't exist. Apparently Alberta rotated their alpha-numeric combination every 3-4 years, and by chance, all the 1963 plates begin somewhere around 'T' thru 'Z' as the first letter. In 1964, they started with the beginning of the alphabet once again.

Craig

Comment

Two beautiful Studes....I'd like to see more detail photos of each!

Comment

Working...
                      X