Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evilhawk
    replied
    At 14.6, your already faster than a 1st or 2nd generation Ford Taurus SHO. I remember how much of a big deal those cars were when they came out. Not many cars could touch them.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
    The best my 55 did was 18.04 in qualifying. 259 powerkit and no blower. I'll have it tweaked for next year, but I think the R2s are in the 14s.
    The only result shown for Allan's R2 is from 2011, 14.7 give or take. Here's a summary of the results by year from the PSMCD website.

http://www.purestockdrags.com/p/race-results.html

BTW Dave, I'll bet you'll find low 17's or better as you get more familiar with the car and driving. We used to run a little faster than you, back in the 60's, in our 55 265 Chevy but even there drag racing is a blast. In the old days, we had the advantage of 0.030 over and the compression a head mill would bring as well as Bucron tires.

Bob

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 02-13-2014, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
    I think they would be slower than an R2 Hawk. Allen Anderson's R2 raced at the PSMCDRs and put up some pretty decent times.
    It's taken years to get into these times, tuning, jetting, changing valve springs, pushing the limit on timing, running a 4.56:1 differnential and I know I could do better with taller tires and a slightly different gear set. I have a 4.27:1 gears but haven't had the opportunity to install and set them up in my racing axle. My Hawk is heavy tipping the scales at 3854 lbs. My best time was against a 1965 Lemans GTO noted in my signature. I think it is the fastest recorded for a stock GT Hawk.

Allen

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    The best my 55 did was 18.04 in qualifying. 259 powerkit and no blower. I'll have it tweaked for next year, but I think the R2s are in the 14s.

Leave a comment:

• shifter4
    replied
    I too would like to see modern ETs for the 57/58's and the 56 GH's as well.
    The old magazine road tests were on the rock hard tires of the day , and also , todays starting lines
    are WAY better than those days .

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    I think they would be slower than an R2 Hawk. Allen Anderson's R2 raced at the PSMCDRs and put up some pretty decent times.

Leave a comment:

• evilhawk
    started a topic Hawk 1/4 mile times

Hawk 1/4 mile times

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what times the 57-58 Golden Hawks pulled in a 1/4 mile? I read some where they could do 0-60 in 7.8 seconds which sounds pretty impressive to me considering it was the 1950s.

Im also interested to know what some of the supercharged Super Hawks were capable of?
Working...
X