1960 Lark convertible upholstery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Lark convertible upholstery

would like to know if anyone heard of Starlight interiors.

Yes, Purchased my Wagonaire interior from Will. All NOS Studebaker parts. All in fantastic condition.
    Had a pleasant experience dealing with him but, you have to be patient. Starlight Studebaker is a part time job for Will and Lori. They are both full time school teachers with after school activities.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Studee,

IIRC - the majority of the interior items that Starlight Studebaker has spans the years from '62-'64. They do have some odds and ends that go to other years, but the chances of finding a complete interior might be very slim. In 2008, shortly before SASCO closed their doors and Starlight got all the interior stuff, I spent five hours looking through upholstery in South Bend. I can across the front and rear lower seat covers for my 60S-W4 but saw nothing else for 1960 models - but there is no way I saw all the interior stuff that was there. At the International meet in 2002, SASCO had a rack with rolls of '60 door vinyl - not sure where that ended up... Good luck.

Comment

Yes, all of the active members of the Forum and readers of "Turning Wheels" know of Lori and Will, and know they have the real deal NOS Door Panels, Seat Covers and Material for '62 and on Cars, are very busy, but good people.

For 1960 Pleated Vinyl Material as used on Regal Convertibles or ready made Covers, I would call SMS in Oregon.
        http://www.smsautofabrics.com/produc...-materials.php
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Will and Lori did purchase all of Phantom's inventory, maybe some 1960 inventory there?
          Also sitting waiting for the next snow storm... Southeast Studebaker should be able to help as well.
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I also believe that they purchased all of hr inventory that was up at SASCO, they are both teachers I believe, and that they have spent several summers sorting and setting yp an inventory. I met them at Colorado Springs, and had a few lng chats with them. Very upfront and honest.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Will and Lori at Starlight are good Stude lovers and won't steer you wrong. Primarily original new old stock from the factory components. As indicated, school teachers (God Bless Them!) with a love for Studebakers and interiors as a sideline business.
              For fresh material reproductions Southeast Studebaker will be a bit pricier; but top quality.
              '60 convertible interior was originally Naugahyde from U.S. Rubber.
              Last edited by rockne10; 02-12-2014, 08:41 PM.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

smsautofabrics.com located in Canby OR

Comment

Starlight takes time but they are great. For my '62 Lark it took them several months to find the right seat covers, but when they did, they could not locate the split bench backs with the fabric inserts to match everything else, so Will sold me the entire set with the two front seatbacks with vinyl inserts. He included two additional rear seat bottoms so that I could have a local upholstery shop remove the vinyl inserts and replace with the fabric. The NOS covers are in great shape and the shop had no problems making the change. Price was very good from Will and shop charged $150 for their work. I am in the process of installing them now and have the back seats done as well as the front bottom. Just finished the front seat bottom last night. I installed new burlap, a 1/2" medium density foam then a 1" high density foam. Covered that with cotton batting. Covers slip on nicely this way. You do need to stretch them and you need to take your time, but it's worth it. I've attached a picture of the front bottom so you can see how great they look. The darkness on the right is just shadows. They are perfect. More amazing than the fact that I am able to do this myself is the knowledge that I'm working with seat covers that are almost as old as me (but much better preserved). Total price is less than what I would have paid for non stock seat covers. If Will has original covers for your car, I would higly recommend getting them from Starlight.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dougie; 02-13-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Very Nice Dougie, that looks better than New!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I have a variety of N.O.S. pieces in tan vinyl for a 1960 Lark regal interior. Not enough to do the whole car but a good head start. Going cheap!!!

Chris.

Comment

Another example of some of Starlight's interior items - going into my 7E7...

Comment

They are the best people one could ask to deal with.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                            Another example of some of Starlight's interior items - going into my 7E7...

Looks like a set of covers from a 1962 Lark deluxe. Very nice!

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
                              Looks like a set of covers from a 1962 Lark deluxe. Very nice!

Chris.
                              Yep - spot on - it will go with the door panels I got from Starlight as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X