the Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Olympics

I know this really isn't car related but I see there is a STUDEBAKER on the US Olympic team , I'm not usually cheering for the US but I think I'll cheer for her anyways
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

That, I'd like to see, also. A Studebaker on the podium is long overdue
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Sara Studebaker. http://www.teamusa.org/Athletes/ST/Sara-Studebaker
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Comment

The Russians may think shes a truck
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Way to go Sara. We'll be watching you. Now tell us which of the Studebaker brothers you are descended from.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Anybody from the NFL to the Olympics with Studebaker heritage is totally fine with me.......

Comment

At this point us Aussies have no medals but you Yanks have a Studebaker & medals - WOW.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                MELBOURNE.

Comment

She's not doing too well.....

(copy)
                  Sara Studebaker, a Boise High School graduate and U.S. Olympian, finished 51st Tuesday in the women's 10-kilometer pursuit biathlon competition in Sochi, Russia.
                  Studebaker's time of 35:00:00 was 5 minutes and 29 seconds behind Belarus' Darya Domracheva, the gold medalist. Studebaker amassed five penalties during the shooting portion of the event.
                  Biathlon is a sport that combines cross-country skiing and target shooting with a rifle. Studebaker became interested in biathlon while watching the 1998 Olympics on TV. She already was a skier and Eric Reynolds, then a coach with the Bogus Basin Nordic Team, helped her and a friend learn the sport that combines cross country skiing and target shooting.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/0...#storylink=cpy
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

See her web page: http://www.sarastudebaker.blogspot.com/

In the main photo, she is posing with a Studebaker pickup, so she's very aware of the family connection!!!

Comment

Thanks Joe, Jeff and Curt for the links. Now we have another Studebaker model to look up to and discuss. Good luck in your future endeavours Sara.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                      X