Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob peterson firebird hawk, where's the thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob peterson firebird hawk, where's the thread?

Am I going crazy or did Bob post about a firebird powered 1960 hawk a couple months back? I looked in threads started by him and can't find, I did a forum search, did a mod delete it? Where did it go? Searched threads by user with the keyword firebird and got nothing. I've been looking for close to half an hour. I just wanted check it out again, as I thought it was an interesting build but it's driving my OCD nuts!!!!

Not sure if I did one on the 60 and looking in my photo bucket I don't find any pictures so that tells me maybe I didn't, right now my camera was left at the shop yesterday so can not down load any to you, Dick Steinkamp took some last time he was here maybe he will post a few if he sees this thread if not I will later.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Here's a few...

The graft of the front frame clip to this car was quite well done.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Where did I read about it then? You know, usually I am not a fan of subframe swaps, but thats mostly because its seems silly that at some point all street rods will handle like either a mustang II or a nova. Something about mixing the two coolest bird named cars together is just really neat. My brother had a 78 trans am in the 90s and he said it handled fantastic. I like interesting customs a lot. Drives like a firebird looks like a hawk, speaking of have you had a chance to drive it yet?

Comment

If anyone thinks a firebird handles nice they should try a monte carlo or grand prix. I drove both back in the day and the monte was way better than a camaro. There was a guy here in Mn doing the monte carlo frame swap to the 55-57 chev back in the early 80's and anyone that bought one from him just bragged about how well they handled.

Comment

Hey Bob found the pictures in your photo bucket. Looks decent, little rough around the edges but forgivable given it's monster status. Damn I want this car.........

Comment

I is a good car and can be better with a little work but I have not had time to spend on it for a couple of months since my wife is in the hospital and selling the cars in San Francisco and getting every thing in order along with the daily things that come my way.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

So sorry to hear that, hope she gets better soon. I hate having loved ones in the hospital, it'll eat my nerves all day, my Dads been in and out for the last year.
                Last edited by GThawkwind; 02-14-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X