Hawk in Winnipeg Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk in Winnipeg Museum

Art Unger was in Winnipeg recently and stopped by the museum where my '63 now resides. I had asked him to take a picture for me, but his camera broke. Art reports...

"...so I quickly bought a throw-away. Well, that's what the photos are worth. I'm attaching the best of the bunch, The car is in a beautiful setting, even if a little crowded. There's a Super Bee or Road Runner (some such thing) behind it and many red GM convertibles around it. Nearby is a 1953 or 1954 Packard convertible. The GT spruces up the surrounding wannabes. It's a pretty deluxe dealership for Cadillac (he has several dealerships)."

Is there anybody in Winnipeg or going to Winnipeg who could shoot a couple of hi resolution photos for me? The museum is at...

Jim Gauthier Chevrolet Cadillac LTD
    1400 McPhillips St
    Winnipeg, MB R2V4G6

Thanks!

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick,

Diane Farmer of Dufresne Manitoba is listed as the president of the Buffalo Chapter of the SDC according to the SDC website. There is an email address listed there for her. I'll bet she could get you a pic.

55 Commander
    58 Transtar
    62 GT Hawk
    66 Cruiser

Comment

Dick,

Diane Farmer of Dufresne Manitoba is listed as the president of the Buffalo Chapter of the SDC according to the SDC website. There is an email address listed there for her. I'll bet she could get you a pic.

55 Commander
      58 Transtar
      62 GT Hawk
      66 Cruiser

Comment

Thanks, Pat.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks, Pat.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

[?][?][?] Ok I know I was out of touch with the Studebaker world for a month this summer, first I learn that Leonard lost and R-1[V] and I now I see the GT you pain stakingly repainted is in a museum in Canada [?] Now I have to wonder what other mysteries are going to appear. [:0] Mr. Biggs last name is really Studebaker? [)] Love that GT, it needs to be in my garage.

Randy_G
            1959 Lark Sedan
            www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

[?][?][?] Ok I know I was out of touch with the Studebaker world for a month this summer, first I learn that Leonard lost and R-1[V] and I now I see the GT you pain stakingly repainted is in a museum in Canada [?] Now I have to wonder what other mysteries are going to appear. [:0] Mr. Biggs last name is really Studebaker? [)] Love that GT, it needs to be in my garage.

Randy_G
              1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

[?][?][?] Ok I know I was out of touch with the Studebaker world for a month this summer, first I learn that Leonard lost and R-1[V] and I now I see the GT you pain stakingly repainted is in a museum in Canada [?] Now I have to wonder what other mysteries are going to appear.
                Randy...You've GOT to stay with this fast moving Studebaker world . Things are changing by the minute!

You've probably also missed the thread by Mr. Biggs where he documents how to replace a Stude V8 and 3 speed OD in a Transtar with a 350 Chevy and TH700. [)]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

[?][?][?] Ok I know I was out of touch with the Studebaker world for a month this summer, first I learn that Leonard lost and R-1[V] and I now I see the GT you pain stakingly repainted is in a museum in Canada [?] Now I have to wonder what other mysteries are going to appear.
                  Randy...You've GOT to stay with this fast moving Studebaker world . Things are changing by the minute!

You've probably also missed the thread by Mr. Biggs where he documents how to replace a Stude V8 and 3 speed OD in a Transtar with a 350 Chevy and TH700. [)]

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:You've probably also missed the thread by Mr. Biggs where he documents how to replace a Stude V8 and 3 speed OD in a Transtar with a 350 Chevy and TH700.[)]
                    Looks like I've been missing a lot too! [:0]

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:You've probably also missed the thread by Mr. Biggs where he documents how to replace a Stude V8 and 3 speed OD in a Transtar with a 350 Chevy and TH700.[)]
                      Looks like I've been missing a lot too! [:0]

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That's not a super bee in the picture, it's a superbird! they are about as rare as a Packard Hawk. NT

Neil Thornton
                        Hazlehurst, GA
                        '57 Silver Hawk
                        '56 Sky Hawk
                        '51 2R16 dump truck
                        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

That's not a super bee in the picture, it's a superbird! they are about as rare as a Packard Hawk. NT

Neil Thornton
                          Hazlehurst, GA
                          '57 Silver Hawk
                          '56 Sky Hawk
                          '51 2R16 dump truck
                          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I saw two Packard Hawks today at the Denton show, one was running pulling a trailer of Studebaker parts.[B)] The other was resting on a trailer being used as a storage shed. Sorry no pictures, me and my camera had a falling out.[V]

Randy_G
                            1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

I saw two Packard Hawks today at the Denton show, one was running pulling a trailer of Studebaker parts.[B)] The other was resting on a trailer being used as a storage shed. Sorry no pictures, me and my camera had a falling out.[V]

Randy_G
                              1959 Lark Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X