Nice Restomod - Probably the best Stude big truck restomod EVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    I'd like to buy it and put a cap on it, just for the challenge of pie cutting a truck cap.
    Explain to me why you would have to "pie cut" it to fit. Its a standard Dodge box that will accept any truck cap on the market without any modification whatsoever.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      Explain to me why you would have to "pie cut" it to fit. Its a standard Dodge box that will accept any truck cap on the market without any modification whatsoever.

Craig
      How would a standard cap fit on a box that has been pie-cut to be one foot narrower in the front??
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I guess to be fair, I wouldn't have to pie cut a cap. I just wouldn't want it hanging over 6 inches on each side at the front of the box, and throwing off the look they worked so hard to get. But to each his own, I guess.
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Well...while we're nit picking...I think there is an enormous hidden complement for the builder here. Aside from overlooking, or failing to read some of the earlier details of the build...the fact that someone would look at this truck and assume that the bed has not been narrowed...is testimony to how well it was carried out.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Yeah, but it's in the description; mention in the original post; and you can clearly see it in the pictures. Sometimes people get so anxious to take a dig that they jump in without thinking. Such is life
            Last edited by Bob Andrews; 02-11-2014, 11:03 AM.
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              How would a standard cap fit on a box that has been pie-cut to be one foot narrower in the front??
              Two pie-shaped spacers made of flat steel on each side to mount the straight-cut cap onto the tapered bed. Much, much easier to trying to cut down the cap to fit; especially along the roof center and increase the potential for leaks!

Craig

Comment

Nah. No challenge in that. Plus, it would look dumb to have the cap hanging over. Most of all, no challenge in that! LOLActually, it would be fairly easy to do with a fiberglass cap. There would be a question of if the rear door would still lay flay, and if it would look strange.
                Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                  Would that be your '64 Toter? How are you coming along in restoring it?

Craig
                  Actually the Toter is an E-28.... I has been sitting in the same spot for 4 years but with me being 450 miles from it probably not much chance for a restoration in the near future.

Comment

See this truck was sold , hope who ever bought it brings it out to a show that we can get a good look at it.
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                    X