Great Period Avanti Promo Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Period Avanti Promo Video

[] Here's a link to an excellent, 5-minute, 1963 Avanti promo video. The audio is also very good.

Right around 3 minutes into the video, you can hear the announcer distinctly reference "the powerful 299-cubic inch engine." That is the little-known, but nonetheless real, early R3 engine. [:0] (AFAIK, no production 1963 model Studebakers were shipped with 299 cubic inch R3 engines.) Enjoy. BP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG8pdR6VAXw
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Great find!!

Thanks for the post.

========================
    63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
    Martinez, CA

Comment

Great find!!

Thanks for the post.

========================
      63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
      Martinez, CA

Comment

That was fun to watch ... even my three-year-old son, J.T., enjoyed it. I quote: "He's goin' really fast, Daddy!"
        Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

That was fun to watch ... even my three-year-old son, J.T., enjoyed it. I quote: "He's goin' really fast, Daddy!"
          Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

One word best describes this video- "SWEET"

Comment

One word best describes this video- "SWEET"

Comment

Thanks for posting the video link. Very interesting.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO
                President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

Thanks for posting the video link. Very interesting.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO
                  President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

Very cool,a little piece of history that time didn't forget!

Randy_G
                    1959 Lark Sedan
                    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Very cool,a little piece of history that time didn't forget!

Randy_G
                      1959 Lark Sedan
                      www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

What a great film Bob, I wonder whether it's available to buy somewhere? The poster must have bought them himself.

John Clements
                        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

What a great film Bob, I wonder whether it's available to buy somewhere? The poster must have bought them himself.

John Clements
                          Lockleys South Australia
                          John Clements
                          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

John Clements
                            Lockleys South Australia
                            John: Check with The Studebaker National Museum. They have reproduced many of these old newsreels and promotional films and offer them for sale on DVD or Video Cassette.

A couple years ago, I bought my Dad the WWII Packard Film "Men Bet Their Lives On It," all about Packard engine war production for PT Boats and such. He loved it...even sponsored a Men's Group Meeting at the Retirement Village where he and Mom live, to show the film. After the film, he answered questions about being a Packard dealer. Then, he invited everyone to go outside and see our 1956 Clipper Hardtop I had brought in for the day, parked in the entry foyer. The event was a well-appreciated nostalgia trip for all the resident WWII veterans...and others.

Again, check with The SNM to see if they've done this Avanti piece. It wouldn't surprise me if they had; they have an extensive list of such offerings. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

John Clements
                              Lockleys South Australia
                              John: Check with The Studebaker National Museum. They have reproduced many of these old newsreels and promotional films and offer them for sale on DVD or Video Cassette.

A couple years ago, I bought my Dad the WWII Packard Film "Men Bet Their Lives On It," all about Packard engine war production for PT Boats and such. He loved it...even sponsored a Men's Group Meeting at the Retirement Village where he and Mom live, to show the film. After the film, he answered questions about being a Packard dealer. Then, he invited everyone to go outside and see our 1956 Clipper Hardtop I had brought in for the day, parked in the entry foyer. The event was a well-appreciated nostalgia trip for all the resident WWII veterans...and others.

Again, check with The SNM to see if they've done this Avanti piece. It wouldn't surprise me if they had; they have an extensive list of such offerings. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Working...
                              X