No announcement yet.

Great Period Avanti Promo Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob, they certainly have lots of nice stuff and I feel sure will eventually offer all the ads on DVD.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Thanks Bob, they certainly have lots of nice stuff and I feel sure will eventually offer all the ads on DVD.

John Clements
      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      Lockleys South Australia
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Man Bob, I would have loved to have heard your Dad talk about being a Packard dealer.

One of our club members found out that the widow of the Studebaker dealer in his town was in a nursing home. He went to see her hoping to get some stories. She was slightly deaf and couldn't understand what he was saying, so he just yelled Studebaker and she said " just go down to his business and he will order you one." [:0]

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Man Bob, I would have loved to have heard your Dad talk about being a Packard dealer.

One of our club members found out that the widow of the Studebaker dealer in his town was in a nursing home. He went to see her hoping to get some stories. She was slightly deaf and couldn't understand what he was saying, so he just yelled Studebaker and she said " just go down to his business and he will order you one." [:0]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Wow!
            Do You know if that is the same car that is being restored as described in the Avanti magazine?
            Rob

Comment

Wow!
              Do You know if that is the same car that is being restored as described in the Avanti magazine?
              Rob

Comment

I know that people download and save these, I would like to make a copy when (not if) it goes off-line.
                quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

[] Here's a link to an excellent, 5-minute, 1963 Avanti promo video. The audio is also very good.

Right around 3 minutes into the video, you can hear the announcer distinctly reference "the powerful 299-cubic inch engine." That is the little-known, but nonetheless real, early R3 engine. [:0] (AFAIK, no production 1963 model Studebakers were shipped with 299 cubic inch R3 engines.) Enjoy. BP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG8pdR6VAXw

Terry, North Texas
                1963 Avanti R2, 63SR1065
                (in stage 1 resto "Project A")
                http://sterkel.org/avanti
                1985 Kubota L2202(Diesel)
                1999 Toyota rice burner
                1986 Ford 150 Long Bed

Comment

I know that people download and save these, I would like to make a copy when (not if) it goes off-line.
                  quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

[] Here's a link to an excellent, 5-minute, 1963 Avanti promo video. The audio is also very good.

Right around 3 minutes into the video, you can hear the announcer distinctly reference "the powerful 299-cubic inch engine." That is the little-known, but nonetheless real, early R3 engine. [:0] (AFAIK, no production 1963 model Studebakers were shipped with 299 cubic inch R3 engines.) Enjoy. BP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG8pdR6VAXw

Terry, North Texas
                  1963 Avanti R2, 63SR1065
                  (in stage 1 resto "Project A")
                  http://sterkel.org/avanti
                  1985 Kubota L2202(Diesel)
                  1999 Toyota rice burner
                  1986 Ford 150 Long Bed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd

Of course, Leonard, the nice thing about Dad's stories while a Packard Dealer is that I've heard them all many times...and I was old enough (age 7 when he and Uncle Milt got the franchise; age 10 when they sold out their interest, having been notified there would be no more Detroit-built Packards) to remember a great deal of what was going on, so I can validate the tales first-hand...not that I remember the farmer coming in with baby pigs in the rear seat of his fairly new 1953 Packard Patrician, but I guess it did happen! [:0]

'Lots of vivid memories, I assure you; I spent almost every waking hour at the dealership when I wasn't in school.

Too, I have permanent custody of all extant documents from the dealership, including the dealer copies of paperwork for every new and used car they sold in four years; 1+1/2 of them also selling Studebakers. That's why we could so heavily document Pat Doherty's solid Cambridge Grey 1956 Golden Hawk sold new at Palma-Rhoads Packard-Nash-Studebaker March 31, 1956, the one that graced the front cover of the August 2006 Hemmings Classic Car. (It's easy for me to remember the delivery date of that car; it was also my mother's 37th birthday!)

Dad is 90 years old now and in excellent health; excellent. All cylinders firing well. Hopefully, at 91, he will be able to attend Packard Automobile Classics National Meet in Des Moines IA next year, where he is scheduled to recall memories of being a Packard dealer at a forum.

Within The Packard Club, we can document only about six living Packard dealers, so Dad is one of an increasingly-exclusive group. [V] BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd

Of course, Leonard, the nice thing about Dad's stories while a Packard Dealer is that I've heard them all many times...and I was old enough (age 7 when he and Uncle Milt got the franchise; age 10 when they sold out their interest, having been notified there would be no more Detroit-built Packards) to remember a great deal of what was going on, so I can validate the tales first-hand...not that I remember the farmer coming in with baby pigs in the rear seat of his fairly new 1953 Packard Patrician, but I guess it did happen! [:0]

'Lots of vivid memories, I assure you; I spent almost every waking hour at the dealership when I wasn't in school.

Too, I have permanent custody of all extant documents from the dealership, including the dealer copies of paperwork for every new and used car they sold in four years; 1+1/2 of them also selling Studebakers. That's why we could so heavily document Pat Doherty's solid Cambridge Grey 1956 Golden Hawk sold new at Palma-Rhoads Packard-Nash-Studebaker March 31, 1956, the one that graced the front cover of the August 2006 Hemmings Classic Car. (It's easy for me to remember the delivery date of that car; it was also my mother's 37th birthday!)

Dad is 90 years old now and in excellent health; excellent. All cylinders firing well. Hopefully, at 91, he will be able to attend Packard Automobile Classics National Meet in Des Moines IA next year, where he is scheduled to recall memories of being a Packard dealer at a forum.

Within The Packard Club, we can document only about six living Packard dealers, so Dad is one of an increasingly-exclusive group. [V] BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Gosh, I wish is wasn't in Iowa.

There is man in the Roanoke, VA SDC chapter who I think was a territory manager or something for Packard. ( I may be getting this story all wrong). I met him and his son on my way home from the Charlotte meet. I think his (or his son's) name is Paul Howell.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Gosh, I wish is wasn't in Iowa.

There is man in the Roanoke, VA SDC chapter who I think was a territory manager or something for Packard. ( I may be getting this story all wrong). I met him and his son on my way home from the Charlotte meet. I think his (or his son's) name is Paul Howell.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                          X