Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghawk58
    replied
    I have seen this also and I'm not sure what to believe.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    This car has never really "smelled right" to me. With the build-from-scratch resources that Studebaker had in house - why would they contract with a local body shop to cobble this thing together??? I think the real truth of this ungainly "creation" might be lost to the ages.

Leave a comment:

• Effie
    replied
    Be interesting to see if it has VIN & body tags.

Leave a comment:

• evilhawk
    replied
    Ha! I knew I recognized that car from Cars in Barns website! I was really confused as to what I was looking at when I first saw the pics on Cars n Barns... I figured it was some home custom job.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    More here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=o%27chapps

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...baker-Pictures

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 01-31-2014, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    The cowl looks like it came from a Nash with a 62 Lark grille mesh.

Leave a comment:

• stude dude
    replied
    Actually its not BS. This car has been written a lot about over the years. Its not the prettiest concept but it does mark the beginning of the idea of using a Thunderbird style roof on the Hawk body. Its not really a prototype in the traditional sense because it was the makeover of an existing older model by an outside company (O'chapps). But I believe it was commissioned by Studebaker for future design ideas.

Some time later Brooks Stevens arrived at the same idea but weather he was aware of this car or not s unknown.

Chris.

Leave a comment:

• GThawkwind
    replied
    I've always heard that thr GT was a last minute solution designed in a very short amount of time, so a design study 4 years before the gt was ever released, seems far fetched. That being said it just be obe of many random fifties design studies. But the photo really just looks like some random hawk bits bolted to a GH. I'll just guess BS myself.

Leave a comment:

• WayneXG95
    started a topic Question about this Hawk

Question about this Hawk

This is a magazine in Australia we look at for buying cars (like hemmings)

The question is, is this ad for a real Hawk or is it BS.
    I know you guys like to discuss this stuff, so do I
    Or is the Hawk known and been discussed before?

Cheers
    Wayne
Working...
X