Love this 64 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this 64 Cruiser

Love that it is a R1, maybe a even a package car, love the color, love the detailed pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-C...US_Cars_Trucks
    JDP Maryland

That's at the Bell Museum. One of James & Stephanie's cars?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      That's at the Bell Museum. One of James & Stephanie's cars?

Craig
      Geez I like that car; honest presentation; lots of pics too. I'd probably paint the wheels and drive it as-is.

I wish the photos of the inner trunk side panels didn't stop just before where the three bolt-holes are.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
        Geez I like that car; honest presentation; lots of pics too. I'd probably paint the wheels and drive it as-is.

I wish the photos of the inner trunk side panels didn't stop just before where the three bolt-holes are.

That's funny, the surface rusted wheels would be the first thing I addressed too.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm a nutcase about little stuff that my eyes are drawn right to; even on an otherwise beautiful car, if the wheels weren't that off-white (and it was a '62-66 Stude), I'd have to paint the wheels. LOL
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          All are in Australia now

Comment

Def a nice car; but, the rust saddens me since it only ca. ca. 25K miles on it. Then again I'm spoiled living where I do.
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I do believe that is a full-package car, with the grille badge and 160 speedometer visible in the pics.
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Nice car...but a smooth running regular 289 would be a bit more in keeping with the character of this top-line Studebaker. Leave the R-1's for the Avanti crowd!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                  I do believe that is a full-package car, with the grille badge and 160 speedometer visible in the pics.
                  Could it be full package with having the column shift automatic? I guess the production would say for sure. Nice car at any rate. Not important, but the AC is not an original '64 factory installation.
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Now when you ask for detailed pics of the car people can take lessons from this car owner. Tom
                    sigpic

Comment

It is not my car, but I know it pretty well having drooled over it more then a time or two.
                      It is the second one of my top five favorites from the Bell Collection to be listed on eBay in as many months.
                      They do good ads.

As for the questions/comments- between the prior owner and James- I'm sure one of them will chime in.
                      They both hang out here from time to time...
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

You can have that plain ole Stude , I`ll take the camper trailer in the background !

Comment

64V14494 was indeed R1 powered, but was not a full-package car.

It was built Jet Green with Green Vinyl Interior; engine #JTK323.

Power Steering, Padded Visors, Disc Brakes, Twin Traction, Heavy-Duty, column-shift Flightomatic, Tinted Glass in all windows.

Destination: Eugene, Oregon.

'Nice package even if it isn't a full package! Obviously, the package-specified grille badge and air conditioning were added later. It would not have had a grille badge from the get-go, since it was not a full-package car.

('Loosen up the wallet straps, Pressler; you need this.) BP
                          Last edited by BobPalma; 01-26-2014, 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Power Steering, Padded Visors, Disc Brakes, Twin Traction, Heavy-Duty, column-shift Flightomatic, Tinted Glass in all windows.

'Nice package even if it isn't a full package! Obviously, the package-specified grille badge and air conditioning were added later. It would not have had a grille badge from the get-go, since it was not a full-package car.

It is possible that the previous owner obtained and installed the grille badge. They aren't that hard to come by.
                            (just speculation on my part, of course!)

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Yes BUT, don't '64 JT Cars come with the important Package pieces ie. : Traction Bars and Rear Stabilizer?
                              I believe this Car has most of all the Package Parts, Factory Grille Badge and HD Springs and Shocks are no big deal.
                              I wonder if they anticipated the A/C being Dealer or aftermarket installed and ordered HD A/C Springs.

The other possibility is that with that correct A/C Hose installation and correct Compressor, it is VERY likely that the Dealer Installed under dash unit was replaced.

Truth be told, I do not care about ANY of those "Nits", I like the Car very much as is, I have seen it several times also.
                              I would only give it what it needs, starting with refinishing the original Ivory and rust Wheels and a few details.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X