Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

53 Champ Convertible at Auction : New Photos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barris maybe signed that Hawk glove box door some time when he'd had too much to drink, but this car shows nothing else of his hand!

To maintain PC, I ain't gonna speculate WHO may have done the cuss-tomizing on this K-car, but there's brand Xs of that style running around out here. To my eye - it ain't that hard to look at. I'd have left the WS at it's standard height, but other'n that....

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I would like to reply to this as I have seen many cars portrayed as Signed Barris Customs. This,as stated earlier in this thread,does not necessarily mean George built it. The statement leaves a definite grey area. Lots of people are using statements like this for selling cars, but when you get to the bottom line they are false. I saw George signing many dashes,and lots of other things,(read pervert here)at the 2006 Autorama in Detroit. My 48 Ford F1 has Gene Winfiled and Chip Fooses signatures on the dash. That doesn't make it special.
      So, if you think you would like to by a original, please do all the leg work and whatever else it takes to qualify it.
      Don

Don Colliau

Comment

I would like to reply to this as I have seen many cars portrayed as Signed Barris Customs. This,as stated earlier in this thread,does not necessarily mean George built it. The statement leaves a definite grey area. Lots of people are using statements like this for selling cars, but when you get to the bottom line they are false. I saw George signing many dashes,and lots of other things,(read pervert here)at the 2006 Autorama in Detroit. My 48 Ford F1 has Gene Winfiled and Chip Fooses signatures on the dash. That doesn't make it special.
        So, if you think you would like to by a original, please do all the leg work and whatever else it takes to qualify it.
        Don

Don Colliau

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dcolliau
          That usually means giving Barris a reasonably small check (at least in my case).
          Can't complain, he sent two letters of authentication on his letterhead stating the history of the my car, plus photos from his file of it being built and a print of my car that was later used in an old Barris history book (which I now have thanks to ebay).

Also, when I was in L.A. I arranged a meeting with him at his office and got to sit in the #1 original (metal...made from the Lincoln Futura...not one of the fiberglas replicas) Batmobile before it went into the Peterson museum.
          Meeting the man, seeing his neat office alone was worth the money.
          Besides, my car has bulletproof authenticity as a Barris original, hopefully that will translate into dollars if I ever sell it.

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dcolliau
            That usually means giving Barris a reasonably small check (at least in my case).
            Can't complain, he sent two letters of authentication on his letterhead stating the history of the my car, plus photos from his file of it being built and a print of my car that was later used in an old Barris history book (which I now have thanks to ebay).

Also, when I was in L.A. I arranged a meeting with him at his office and got to sit in the #1 original (metal...made from the Lincoln Futura...not one of the fiberglas replicas) Batmobile before it went into the Peterson museum.
            Meeting the man, seeing his neat office alone was worth the money.
            Besides, my car has bulletproof authenticity as a Barris original, hopefully that will translate into dollars if I ever sell it.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
            X