Just purchased a 289 stude motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased a 289 stude motor.

I just purchased a full flow motor located in Kingman, Az. Anyone coming from that area to Sacramento, Ca. who need $$$$ to help me transport the engine back home. Or can anyone recommend a good way of getting the engine to Sacarmento,Ca. Other than me going.

I hope you got a deal on the engine. For what I paid for mine (reasonable) and then to add shipping....[:0]. Sending 650#'s truck freight won't be cheap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I hope you got a deal on the engine. For what I paid for mine (reasonable) and then to add shipping....[:0]. Sending 650#'s truck freight won't be cheap.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Roy~ Didn't I just buy a f/f 289 from you [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave [8D]
        V/P San Diego County SDC
        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Roy~ Didn't I just buy a f/f 289 from you [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave [8D]
          V/P San Diego County SDC
          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
          '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
          '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Dave, I could not pass this one. It was just rebuilt. It comes complete except the carb. It had the numbers and the great symbol P stamped on the block. It comes with starter, bellhousing, and much more. And yes Dave, I did sell you a full flow motor. This motor is going into a 1951 starlight. Good thing about the motor. The guy ran it. No leaks, no burning oil. So I need to find a way to get it home. He is now selling a 1958 Hawk. I guess the Hawk does not come with motor or tranny. I may have to get it myself. Its about a 10 hour drive for me.

Comment

Dave, I could not pass this one. It was just rebuilt. It comes complete except the carb. It had the numbers and the great symbol P stamped on the block. It comes with starter, bellhousing, and much more. And yes Dave, I did sell you a full flow motor. This motor is going into a 1951 starlight. Good thing about the motor. The guy ran it. No leaks, no burning oil. So I need to find a way to get it home. He is now selling a 1958 Hawk. I guess the Hawk does not come with motor or tranny. I may have to get it myself. Its about a 10 hour drive for me.

Comment

Many of the Studebaker members have emailed me for the phone number of the guy who is selling his 1958 Hawk. Mind you, I am still negotiating the terms for the 4 speed tranny. Please do not enter ino my deal. With that said, you may call Coy @ 928-692-1187 for the 1958 Hawk. He live's in Kingman, Az.

Comment

Many of the Studebaker members have emailed me for the phone number of the guy who is selling his 1958 Hawk. Mind you, I am still negotiating the terms for the 4 speed tranny. Please do not enter ino my deal. With that said, you may call Coy @ 928-692-1187 for the 1958 Hawk. He live's in Kingman, Az.

Comment

Working...
                  X