Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huck
    replied
    I remember when you guys missed the race but how could that have been 2004!! Time flies when you're having Studebaker fun. I'll send you the article, by snail, and perhaps you can scan it and share with forum. Thank you! Gary/Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

Leave a comment:

• Huck
    replied
    I remember when you guys missed the race but how could that have been 2004!! Time flies when you're having Studebaker fun. I'll send you the article, by snail, and perhaps you can scan it and share with forum. Thank you! Gary/Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Huck

I was away for the Labor Day weekend so just looked at the Sunday paper for 9/2/07. I found a nice promo article for the PSMCDs. The picture shows a TransAm burning out and the next car in line is a Lark. The Stude is about 1 1/2 " wide. but I can't ID it. It's in B&W and I know, from the front page, that the Pontiac is dark Blue. However the Lark seems too light to be the 'Tomato. The driver is wearing a helmut. Oh, I can see an 03 on the windshield! It's probably a 2006 picture.So who is it?? I'll proably be sending the article to Bob Palma. Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
    Gary: I checked my Pure Stock Musclecar Drags records back through 2003, and #03 was not a Studebaker in any of them.

I'll bet it was at the FALL 2004 Pure Stock Drags, and Ted was #03. I did not attend the FALL 2004 event; just their one-time summer event in June, because our chapter was putting on the Fall SDC Zone Meet that year [2004] and I stayed behind to help with that.

However, Ted Harbit did go up early in 2004 for the traditional fall event, to have The Tomato Certified Stock. Because he was there a day early for Certification, he would have been one of the earliest cars to register for the traditional fall Pure Stock Musclecar Drag Race: i.e, #03. (I don't have records of the Fall 2004 event because I was not there.) BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Huck

I was away for the Labor Day weekend so just looked at the Sunday paper for 9/2/07. I found a nice promo article for the PSMCDs. The picture shows a TransAm burning out and the next car in line is a Lark. The Stude is about 1 1/2 " wide. but I can't ID it. It's in B&W and I know, from the front page, that the Pontiac is dark Blue. However the Lark seems too light to be the 'Tomato. The driver is wearing a helmut. Oh, I can see an 03 on the windshield! It's probably a 2006 picture.So who is it?? I'll proably be sending the article to Bob Palma. Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
    Gary: I checked my Pure Stock Musclecar Drags records back through 2003, and #03 was not a Studebaker in any of them.

I'll bet it was at the FALL 2004 Pure Stock Drags, and Ted was #03. I did not attend the FALL 2004 event; just their one-time summer event in June, because our chapter was putting on the Fall SDC Zone Meet that year [2004] and I stayed behind to help with that.

However, Ted Harbit did go up early in 2004 for the traditional fall event, to have The Tomato Certified Stock. Because he was there a day early for Certification, he would have been one of the earliest cars to register for the traditional fall Pure Stock Musclecar Drag Race: i.e, #03. (I don't have records of the Fall 2004 event because I was not there.) BP

Leave a comment:

• Huck
    replied
    Ohhh, those are good pic's but what '63 Lark was #03, last year or later. The driver was wearing a helmut. See my original post. Thanks, Huck, in rainy Detroit

Gary Hildebrandt

Leave a comment:

• Huck
    replied
    Ohhh, those are good pic's but what '63 Lark was #03, last year or later. The driver was wearing a helmut. See my original post. Thanks, Huck, in rainy Detroit

Gary Hildebrandt

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Here I am. The white car is John Raab, the charcoal car is Richard Poe, and the gold car is Doug Tjapkes. BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Here I am. The white car is John Raab, the charcoal car is Richard Poe, and the gold car is Doug Tjapkes. BP

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    BTW...
    Some great Stude pic's from this event are up at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/12144654@N04/
    http://www.geocities.com/psmcdr/
    Jeff[8D]

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    BTW...
    Some great Stude pic's from this event are up at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/12144654@N04/
    http://www.geocities.com/psmcdr/
    Jeff[8D]

Leave a comment:

• Huck
    replied
    Thanks for trying. Wow, a lot of people have checked this post! The picture, in the paper, came out before this years race. I know Bob Palma has the answer but where is he?

Gary Hildebrandt

Leave a comment:

• Huck
    replied
    Thanks for trying. Wow, a lot of people have checked this post! The picture, in the paper, came out before this years race. I know Bob Palma has the answer but where is he?

Gary Hildebrandt

Leave a comment:

• ClaymoreWW
    replied
    here are the other 63s that I snapped at the PSMCDs - sorry, but I don't know who's they are.

--george

my dad owns Studebakers

Leave a comment:

• ClaymoreWW
    replied
    here are the other 63s that I snapped at the PSMCDs - sorry, but I don't know who's they are.

--george

my dad owns Studebakers

Leave a comment:

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    It wasn't the tomato from this year. The tomato's number was 047

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone

Leave a comment:

Working...
X