Pure Stock 63 Lark pictured in Detroit Free Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Stock 63 Lark pictured in Detroit Free Press

I was away for the Labor Day weekend so just looked at the Sunday paper for 9/2/07. I found a nice promo article for the PSMCDs. The picture shows a TransAm burning out and the next car in line is a Lark. The Stude is about 1 1/2 " wide. but I can't ID it. It's in B&W and I know, from the front page, that the Pontiac is dark Blue. However the Lark seems too light to be the 'Tomato. The driver is wearing a helmut. Oh, I can see an 03 on the windshield! It's probably a 2006 picture.So who is it?? I'll proably be sending the article to Bob Palma. Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

It wasn't the tomato from this year. The tomato's number was 047

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

It wasn't the tomato from this year. The tomato's number was 047

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone
      1964 GT Hawk
      PSMCDR 2014
      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
      PSMCDR 2013
      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

here are the other 63s that I snapped at the PSMCDs - sorry, but I don't know who's they are.

--george

my dad owns Studebakers

Comment

here are the other 63s that I snapped at the PSMCDs - sorry, but I don't know who's they are.

--george

my dad owns Studebakers

Comment

Thanks for trying. Wow, a lot of people have checked this post! The picture, in the paper, came out before this years race. I know Bob Palma has the answer but where is he?

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Thanks for trying. Wow, a lot of people have checked this post! The picture, in the paper, came out before this years race. I know Bob Palma has the answer but where is he?

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

BTW...
                Some great Stude pic's from this event are up at:
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/12144654@N04/
                http://www.geocities.com/psmcdr/
                Jeff[8D]
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

BTW...
                  Some great Stude pic's from this event are up at:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/12144654@N04/
                  http://www.geocities.com/psmcdr/
                  Jeff[8D]
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Here I am. The white car is John Raab, the charcoal car is Richard Poe, and the gold car is Doug Tjapkes. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here I am. The white car is John Raab, the charcoal car is Richard Poe, and the gold car is Doug Tjapkes. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ohhh, those are good pic's but what '63 Lark was #03, last year or later. The driver was wearing a helmut. See my original post. Thanks, Huck, in rainy Detroit

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Ohhh, those are good pic's but what '63 Lark was #03, last year or later. The driver was wearing a helmut. See my original post. Thanks, Huck, in rainy Detroit

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Huck

I was away for the Labor Day weekend so just looked at the Sunday paper for 9/2/07. I found a nice promo article for the PSMCDs. The picture shows a TransAm burning out and the next car in line is a Lark. The Stude is about 1 1/2 " wide. but I can't ID it. It's in B&W and I know, from the front page, that the Pontiac is dark Blue. However the Lark seems too light to be the 'Tomato. The driver is wearing a helmut. Oh, I can see an 03 on the windshield! It's probably a 2006 picture.So who is it?? I'll proably be sending the article to Bob Palma. Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
                            Gary: I checked my Pure Stock Musclecar Drags records back through 2003, and #03 was not a Studebaker in any of them.

I'll bet it was at the FALL 2004 Pure Stock Drags, and Ted was #03. I did not attend the FALL 2004 event; just their one-time summer event in June, because our chapter was putting on the Fall SDC Zone Meet that year [2004] and I stayed behind to help with that.

However, Ted Harbit did go up early in 2004 for the traditional fall event, to have The Tomato Certified Stock. Because he was there a day early for Certification, he would have been one of the earliest cars to register for the traditional fall Pure Stock Musclecar Drag Race: i.e, #03. (I don't have records of the Fall 2004 event because I was not there.) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
                              Gary: I checked my Pure Stock Musclecar Drags records back through 2003, and #03 was not a Studebaker in any of them.

I'll bet it was at the FALL 2004 Pure Stock Drags, and Ted was #03. I did not attend the FALL 2004 event; just their one-time summer event in June, because our chapter was putting on the Fall SDC Zone Meet that year [2004] and I stayed behind to help with that.

However, Ted Harbit did go up early in 2004 for the traditional fall event, to have The Tomato Certified Stock. Because he was there a day early for Certification, he would have been one of the earliest cars to register for the traditional fall Pure Stock Musclecar Drag Race: i.e, #03. (I don't have records of the Fall 2004 event because I was not there.) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Working...
                              X