Need Encouragement Cards Sent to SDCer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Encouragement Cards Sent to SDCer

Folks so inclined are encouraged to send cards of encouragement and best wishes to SDCer David Neitzel of Mooresville IN. Medical complications from luekemia and diabetes are closing in on David, as is "old age." The best long-term prognosis is not good, although he is still at home and up and about.

Address:

David Neitzel
    5543 E. Neitzel Road
    Mooresville IN 46158

David owns the pretty 1922 Big Six Hearse for Children that has been seen at many SDC meets through the years. It is all white and smaller than an "adult" hearse of the era, with burgundy velvet interior and oak hardwood flooring. Among his other cars is an unusually original 1921 Big Six 7-Passenger Touring Car, shown at Omaha 2006 to the delight of anyone who took the time to examine that virtual time capsule. He has numerous other pre-war Studebakers and many other collector cars.

David is one of those guys that always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Maybe 10-12 years ago, he was shopping at a Kroger store on the old near east side of Indianapolis and noticed a hand-written advertisement posted on a 3X5 index card on the store's community bulletin board.

Shortly thereafter, he was the proud owner of an unusually nice 1950 Champion Regal (it may be a DeLuxe; I haven't seen it for a couple yaers) 2-door sedan from the original woman owner! He still owns it. She bought the car new in 1950 at Roy Gale Motors, the Studebaker dealer on the east side of Indianapolis, only a few blocks from that Kroger store. She had quit driving and wanted to sell the car, so she just posted a little hand-written index card ad at her grocery store. The car was/is in remarkably nice condition.

Those of us who know David Neitzel aren't at all surprised he just happened to be shopping there and wound up with the car. [}] He's a gregarious guy who I am sure would appreciate SDC-member-generated cards and notes at this time. Thanks. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I will send David a card. It cost SO little to do something like this. Fact is, it doesn't even HAVE TO be a card. Just a little note to see that you're being thought of can be a boost to one's morale.

But, might I hijack this thread here to turn the focus around on it's originator. For those of you who don't know, Bob Palma is scheduled for surgery on Oct. 4th to have a cancerous bit of his tongue removed. Truth is, this isn't the first time this has happened to Bob.

Bob, I KNOW I can speak with confidence in saying that this whole forum/club/motormania world sends their best wishes, prayers, whatever of positive a slant to you as you do battle with this demon disease.
    I'll selfishly state that my personal world would be diminished without you in it. I love trading brags and barbs with you and benefitting from your vast knowledge of Studes, Packards and other things. To you I offer the most powerful of positive thinking I can muster! Take a break next week - then get your butt back here![^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I will send David a card. It cost SO little to do something like this. Fact is, it doesn't even HAVE TO be a card. Just a little note to see that you're being thought of can be a boost to one's morale.

But, might I hijack this thread here to turn the focus around on it's originator. For those of you who don't know, Bob Palma is scheduled for surgery on Oct. 4th to have a cancerous bit of his tongue removed. Truth is, this isn't the first time this has happened to Bob.

Bob, I KNOW I can speak with confidence in saying that this whole forum/club/motormania world sends their best wishes, prayers, whatever of positive a slant to you as you do battle with this demon disease.
      I'll selfishly state that my personal world would be diminished without you in it. I love trading brags and barbs with you and benefitting from your vast knowledge of Studes, Packards and other things. To you I offer the most powerful of positive thinking I can muster! Take a break next week - then get your butt back here![^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, you've got a LOT of friends who want you over this speedbump of life and I, for one, know prayer works. Jannelle and I are sendin' them up for you!
        Hope to have a good report from you when all is done!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Bob, you've got a LOT of friends who want you over this speedbump of life and I, for one, know prayer works. Jannelle and I are sendin' them up for you!
          Hope to have a good report from you when all is done!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

I will definetly get a card off to David immediatly. I met David at Omaha and told him of how in the late 40's I used to play in the white baby's hearse in Brazil, Indiana. I went to school with the son of the owner of the funeral home. After school we used to drive hxxl out of it. (in our imagination) This thread also opened up another memory. In late 1949 we had moved to Indianapolis. across the street from us was a little Mom & Pop grocery store. The owners won a 1950 champion business coupe from Roy Gale Motors. Studebaker dealers had a drawing for a car as an introduction to the new Bullet Nose. WOW I am getting old.
            studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

I will definetly get a card off to David immediatly. I met David at Omaha and told him of how in the late 40's I used to play in the white baby's hearse in Brazil, Indiana. I went to school with the son of the owner of the funeral home. After school we used to drive hxxl out of it. (in our imagination) This thread also opened up another memory. In late 1949 we had moved to Indianapolis. across the street from us was a little Mom & Pop grocery store. The owners won a 1950 champion business coupe from Roy Gale Motors. Studebaker dealers had a drawing for a car as an introduction to the new Bullet Nose. WOW I am getting old.
              studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Thanks, Bob & Tom. Honest, though, my health problems are miniscule when compared with those of David Neitzel. If you say a prayer for David, you can just add me as a P.S. [^] BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, Bob & Tom. Honest, though, my health problems are miniscule when compared with those of David Neitzel. If you say a prayer for David, you can just add me as a P.S. [^] BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Gosh, I didn't know that about Bob. I wish him the best.

Leonard Shepherd
                    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Gosh, I didn't know that about Bob. I wish him the best.

Leonard Shepherd
                      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I too have my thoughts and prayers for David and Bob in mind, I have conversed with Bob, and (barring any objections from Cari) <G> I will "chauffer" Bob to the annual Newport Hill Climb in "Beautiful" downtown Newport Indiana, (normal population about 6) but on Hill Climb day, swells to a LOT!
                        Believe me, I know what Bob is feeling right about now. A GREAT attitude is a big plus along with a good mindset.

Jim
                        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                        their Memorials!

Comment

I too have my thoughts and prayers for David and Bob in mind, I have conversed with Bob, and (barring any objections from Cari) <G> I will "chauffer" Bob to the annual Newport Hill Climb in "Beautiful" downtown Newport Indiana, (normal population about 6) but on Hill Climb day, swells to a LOT!
                          Believe me, I know what Bob is feeling right about now. A GREAT attitude is a big plus along with a good mindset.

Jim
                          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                          their Memorials!

Comment

Bob You and David have been added to our Prayer chain, over a thousand people in the chain. HE will be with you both.

Comment

Bob You and David have been added to our Prayer chain, over a thousand people in the chain. HE will be with you both.

Comment

Working...
                              X