Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
    a late "welcome" to the forum!

if you still plan on selling her, the "Rose Mist" color is quite desirable to potential Lark buyers.

if you decide to keep her - then it's your car and your money making whatever changes you want... some may b!+ch and moan about changes but the most important thing is to have fun with her!!!
    Yeah the one on Wikipedia looks nice in it's old pink.. but it's just not me.. thanks for the welcome

btw the 1953 Studebaker Commander Starliner is totally awesome looking..

Comment

Originally posted by Manduck2k3 View Post
      I have a 1963 Studebaker lark 4 door Sedan (vanity model) that the guy that used to rent from me has giving me to pay off some of the back rent he owes me.

I don't know much about it, other than it has the original title, I believe he is the third owner.

I think it runs "with a good battery" I know it used to run as my neighbor used it in his wedding..

if anyone is interested in it or knows anywhere I should take it I'm in Chelsea Michigan. I already contacted the Studebaker museum in Illinois but I guess they have one already

thanks
      Richard
      Are those 56 Ford Hub caps?

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
        Are those 56 Ford Hub caps?

Not sure sorry, I don't believe they are but honestly no clue.. sry..

Comment

The Wheel Covers look like Aftermarket copies of '55/'56 Ford W/C's and very much like the design of the '64-'65 Stude. type.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Manduck2k3 View Post
            For whatever it's worth I put a battery in it and she turns over.. heck even the wipers work.. :-) Idk about you but that makes me excited.
            These are tough old motors that come back to life after being dormant amazingly well. I bet with clean gas and points it'll go. Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Richard,

Get it running and drive it a bit. You may fall in love with it.

They're a fun car to drive around. My '63 (seen below) always gets attention. Today was the first "nice" day around here in several weeks, so I took it to our Studebaker Club chapter meeting. It was alost comical, watching people crane their heads while driving to check out my car. I'm pretty sure I nearly caused an accident!

If you want to keep it, MAACO will paint it any color you want for cheap. If you want to sell it, keep it Rose mist, it will sell better. I think the guys are fairly accurate on their pricing, but while those are fair prices for a running car, expect to be patient for the right buyer if you want that. If the tires are old and it can't be driven, about a grand is the best you may be able to hope for, and if it has a lot of rust it could go for less than that. As it was, mine was completely and safely drivable, and I got it right around the 3k zone. Sadly, Studebakers aren't worth as much as they ought to be, at least in my humble opinion. They are great, reliable cars if treated well. Fun too.

If you need help getting her going, ask away. We're a friendly lot.
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
              X