Another motel full at Lancaster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another motel full at Lancaster!

I understand one of the alternate motels at Lancaster is already filled for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

If you haven't received TW with alternate lodging information, go to the Meet web site. Look at the dropdown under "Meet Information" for more options. This one's getting BIG!

Note: The Continental is directly across a busy Route 30 from The Host. The Quality and Country Inn are both an easy walk on the same side as The Host.

http://www.sdcmeet.com/

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

If you're into camping, we just got a spot reserved at the Old Mill Stream Campground right across the road from the host hotel: www.oldmillstreamcampground.com 717+299-2314.
    They come highly recommended by the Keystone Region. They aren't guaranteeing their 2008 rate yet though!

duane miller

Comment

If you're into camping, we just got a spot reserved at the Old Mill Stream Campground right across the road from the host hotel: www.oldmillstreamcampground.com 717+299-2314.
      They come highly recommended by the Keystone Region. They aren't guaranteeing their 2008 rate yet though!

duane miller

Comment

Well, here's what I know.
        Richard Dormois updated us on the lodging situation at the Upper Mississippi Zone Meet.

They added more hotels to the roster. All at the same rate. I really thought that he said full breakfast was included. Does anybody remember?

So....this year the Quality Inn starts at $85 a room. But in August, 2008 all of a sudden they are $95. You cannot at this point reserve a room with hotels.com or Orbitz. You have to be no more than 11 months out. Two are already full and there's three to go. Not knowing how many rooms are reserved, who knows how much time you have?

The host hotel is full and is normally $89 a night and our special rate is $99. Is there something I don't know about hotel rates?

It's a good thing I don't travel much.

I do know that sometimes you don't want to stay too far away from the host hotel cuz the traffic really sucks. Eg: Charlotte and Sacramento.

I guess I'm done ranting.
        Somebody enlighten me!!!

Claude Chmielewski
        Studeski
        http://www.studeski.com
        Fillmore, Wisconsin
        47 M-16 Truck
        62 GT Hawk
        63 Lark
        64 Commander Wagonaire
        50 Champion Regal (parts car)
        [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
        "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
        communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
        honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
        matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
        much in fashion anymore."
        sigpic
        Claude Chmielewski
        Studeski
        Fillmore, Wisconsin
        47 M-16 Truck
        53 2R5
        60 Lark VIII Convertible
        60 5E7 Champ pickup
        62 GT Hawk 4 speed
        63 Lark
        63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
        64 Commander Wagonaire
        64 Daytona Convertible
        36 Dictator
        36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Well, here's what I know.
          Richard Dormois updated us on the lodging situation at the Upper Mississippi Zone Meet.

They added more hotels to the roster. All at the same rate. I really thought that he said full breakfast was included. Does anybody remember?

So....this year the Quality Inn starts at $85 a room. But in August, 2008 all of a sudden they are $95. You cannot at this point reserve a room with hotels.com or Orbitz. You have to be no more than 11 months out. Two are already full and there's three to go. Not knowing how many rooms are reserved, who knows how much time you have?

The host hotel is full and is normally $89 a night and our special rate is $99. Is there something I don't know about hotel rates?

It's a good thing I don't travel much.

I do know that sometimes you don't want to stay too far away from the host hotel cuz the traffic really sucks. Eg: Charlotte and Sacramento.

I guess I'm done ranting.
          Somebody enlighten me!!!

Claude Chmielewski
          Studeski
          Fillmore, Wisconsin
          47 M-16 Truck
          62 GT Hawk
          63 Lark
          64 Commander Wagonaire
          sigpic
          Claude Chmielewski
          Studeski
          Fillmore, Wisconsin
          47 M-16 Truck
          53 2R5
          60 Lark VIII Convertible
          60 5E7 Champ pickup
          62 GT Hawk 4 speed
          63 Lark
          63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
          64 Commander Wagonaire
          64 Daytona Convertible
          36 Dictator
          36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Claude: The $99 per night rate is the extra special, super duper SDC rate, you know, the rate because we bring so many people to one spot in order to get the 'special rate'. The $89 rate is for everyone else, you know the one or two at a time. Apparently you have not attended many national SDC meets. We always have a VERY SPECIAL rate, you know, more than the average Joe pays. It's called 'politics'!!!

toyman

Comment

Claude: The $99 per night rate is the extra special, super duper SDC rate, you know, the rate because we bring so many people to one spot in order to get the 'special rate'. The $89 rate is for everyone else, you know the one or two at a time. Apparently you have not attended many national SDC meets. We always have a VERY SPECIAL rate, you know, more than the average Joe pays. It's called 'politics'!!!

toyman

Comment

This thread prompted me to find somewhere to make reservstions. Red Roof Inn looks to be next door or right across the street from the host hotel. I got the full week and the most expensive room was $99.

ErnieR

Comment

This thread prompted me to find somewhere to make reservstions. Red Roof Inn looks to be next door or right across the street from the host hotel. I got the full week and the most expensive room was $99.

ErnieR

Comment

quote:Originally posted by toyman

toyman
                    Actually I have attended quite a few. This is the first time I noticed that the add-on hotels had to inflate the rate for us. I don't always use the meet hotel anyway. In Rapid City I was at the Super 8. It was across town but the traffic was not horrific. I stayed at the alternate in Sacramento and it was a dump. I stayed at the Sheraton in Charlotte, a block away, it was head and shoulders above the meet hotel. And I finally upgraded from the Motel 6 in South Bend.

Claude Chmielewski
                    Studeski
                    Fillmore, Wisconsin
                    47 M-16 Truck
                    62 GT Hawk
                    63 Lark
                    64 Commander Wagonaire
                    sigpic
                    Claude Chmielewski
                    Studeski
                    Fillmore, Wisconsin
                    47 M-16 Truck
                    53 2R5
                    60 Lark VIII Convertible
                    60 5E7 Champ pickup
                    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                    63 Lark
                    63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                    64 Commander Wagonaire
                    64 Daytona Convertible
                    36 Dictator
                    36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

quote:Originally posted by toyman

toyman
                      Actually I have attended quite a few. This is the first time I noticed that the add-on hotels had to inflate the rate for us. I don't always use the meet hotel anyway. In Rapid City I was at the Super 8. It was across town but the traffic was not horrific. I stayed at the alternate in Sacramento and it was a dump. I stayed at the Sheraton in Charlotte, a block away, it was head and shoulders above the meet hotel. And I finally upgraded from the Motel 6 in South Bend.

Claude Chmielewski
                      Studeski
                      Fillmore, Wisconsin
                      47 M-16 Truck
                      62 GT Hawk
                      63 Lark
                      64 Commander Wagonaire
                      sigpic
                      Claude Chmielewski
                      Studeski
                      Fillmore, Wisconsin
                      47 M-16 Truck
                      53 2R5
                      60 Lark VIII Convertible
                      60 5E7 Champ pickup
                      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                      63 Lark
                      63 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                      64 Commander Wagonaire
                      64 Daytona Convertible
                      36 Dictator
                      36 Dictator in pieces

Comment

Thanks to SDC (and their very special national meet co-ordinator) to convince the 'add-on' motels to adjust their rates UPWARD just for us.

toyman

Comment

Thanks to SDC (and their very special national meet co-ordinator) to convince the 'add-on' motels to adjust their rates UPWARD just for us.

toyman

Comment

Working...
                          X