Matilda Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matilda Video

I took a video this morning of a cold start with my car. There are a few things to do.. ie steering box and adjust the glove box door.. but aside from that, she's ready to go. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/sLs8wH_NQQM

Cool, sounds raring to go. Just one pointer, try & avoid having the sun coming in on you. It wins every time.

Comment

very nice......happy for you in your find.....now if its 50 degrees in December where you are, I'll bet you'll have that AC sorted out by May ??

Comment

I'm in Palm Springs. The only work I haven't done on this car is the weather stripping. I bought her from Bob Peterson several years ago, restored her most of the way, got rid of it because of hard steering/shifting. It made the trip to Dallas Texas, back to California, was sold in August to a new owner, his wife didn't care for the color, It popped up on Craigslist, I couldn't resist and bought it back. Found that the steering shaft was split and needed to be replaced. It'll be replaced in short order. This is how I got the car in the beginning.
        Attached Files

Comment

Cold start ? ? .... Palm Springs ? ? ..... now that's funny.
          You haven't started a car or been in the Great White North in Dec. have you ?

Comment

I grew up just outside of South Bend.. yes, this is nothing compared to then.

Comment

The Lark does run smooth that's for sure, but I found humor in your post description calling it a cold start when you're in shorts, bare feet and sandals.
              Yup ... South Bend is cold in the winter.

Comment

Its kinda funny when I moved here 8 years ago, I put my long coat and winter wear away thinking I'd never use it again. A couple summers of 115 degrees plus and your blood thins out. These days 40 and 50 feel cold.

Comment

The glove box is a little annoying, it won't pop open using the button easily.. hit a bump and out she comes. There is a cassette radio tucked away inside of it. Someone in the 70s or 80s put it in.

Comment

...you'll see a few adjustments that will make your glove box work. 1st..remove the button mechanism from the door. Since you're in Palm Springs, you can simply squirt 3 in 1 oil into the innards, operate a few times and let drain on some newspaper. Up in cooler weather, for daily drivers, you might prefer graphite powder. While open, oil the hinge(s) on the door(newpaper for carpet). Next will be the striker adjustment....I can't recall if this glove box has rubber bumpers for anti-rattle, but you might need to shim with thin rubber (a left over rubber door w/seal piece is great-trimmed to you)....now this is where the S-shaped Phillips driver works well: adjust the striker for firm closure and facial alignment and away you should go....

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow Bob. Matilda looks fine & will be great with her steering box transplant.
                      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                      64 Zip Van
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

looking forward to seeing you as well Warren

Comment

Working...
                        X