Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanity Mirror Identification

Hello,

I recently got a hold of a illuminated mirror and was curious if this was exclusively a Studebaker option, or if this was available on other makes. I have the pictures of the mirror as well as a snippet out of the 1951 accessories manual. It appears, by the small picture that this is the right mirror, but I do not find anything that directly associates this as being a Studebaker exclusive. The other mirror shown has the script on the top. Any information about this option will be appreciated. I hope to restore the silver on the back of the glass us it on my 51' LC.

1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

First time I have seen an illuminated one in captivity. This is super rare!

Chris.

Comment

All cars once offered vanity mirrors as an option. If it's a plain jane (no emblem or nameplate), it's an autoparts store version.

Comment

I am only out shipping and $1.00 (around $8.00 total) on the part. The gentleman was nice enough to let it go to someone who would appreciate it. My main interest, was to get some input into whether or not it was worth restoring. I also happened to notice that it looked awfully close to the one that Studebaker was advertising in there accessories catalog for 1951. I don't believe the one in the catalog has any noticeable emblems on it either.
        1947 Studebaker M-5
        1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Hello,

I am bumping this message in hopes to find some information about vanity mirrors (mainly more specific, the one that I have). I know that there has to be some experts out there. Mods, please let me know if this topic would be better suited in the Technical Talk Section and move if necessary. I would really like to get some information on this.
          1947 Studebaker M-5
          1946 Studebaker M-5

Comment

Definitely resembles the one in the brochure.
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
            X