White Wall Cleaner!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wall Cleaner!!

I have Coker wide white radials on my Goldie. Turtle Wax Platinum Wheel and Tire Cleaner is terrific. Cleans the wheel covers, black and white tire rubber. Very good on wide whites. Spray on, let sit for 30 seconds, hit the white wall with a soft brush and hose. That's it!

http://www.turtlewax.com/shop/produc...eaner-with-wax
    My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

I hope it is a lot better in the long run than the Wesley's Whitewall Cleaner that most, not all users say, it damages the Whitewalls and Yellows them.

Of course the difference would be if you have Coker tires or the supposedly much better Diamond Back W/W's.
    I know nothing about these, except what I hear here!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Does Coker endorse it?

Comment

I won't use Wesley's anymore. It absolutely ruined the finish on the wheels I had on a Harley with white walls many years ago. That stuff is very caustic. I have no idea if Coker endorses the Turtle wax product. That's a good question. The label states it's safe for all wheel and tire surfaces.

Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959

sigpic

Comment

Diamond Back suggest using Simple Green with a scotch brite pad I believe. It works well with the Cokers I have also. I use a well worn green scotch brite.

Comment

I have tried Simple Green with marginal results. They never got that brand new glaring white look as they do with the Turtle Wax product. Maybe I have nastier brake dust.

sigpic

Comment

This is one of the reasons I put blackwalls on the Land Cruiser when it came to re-tire (with apologies to Fisk).

Comment

On my Diamond backs I use Mr Clean Magic Erasers with a little dishwashing liquid they are less agressive than scotch brite. Not sure if they would be good for scuff removal but work great on dust and road grime

Comment

Dish soap and Mr Clean's Magic Eraser. Sadley someone was kind enough to put their greasy fingerprints on mine at the shop and I called Diamondback and they gave me the suggestion. Worked great!
                  sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                  J.D.

Comment

I have been using the foam sanding sponges in fine grit. Using that in combination with my usual car wash liquid gets them brilliant white. Don't use anything that has bleach in it. It will dry them out and eventually lead to cracking.

http://tinyurl.com/sanding-sponge
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Pat, do you use the car soap diluted or full strength?

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                      I have been using the foam sanding sponges in fine grit. Using that in combination with my usual car wash liquid gets them brilliant white. Don't use anything that has bleach in it. It will dry them out and eventually lead to cracking.

http://tinyurl.com/sanding-sponge
                      Frank van Doorn
                      Omaha, Ne.
                      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Frank, I use it diluted as a part of my normal car wash. I use Meguiars or Adams car wash soap. I don't let my tires and wheels get very dirty so that helps.
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Thank You Pat, I'll give it a try.

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                          Frank, I use it diluted as a part of my normal car wash. I use Meguiars or Adams car wash soap. I don't let my tires and wheels get very dirty so that helps.
                          Frank van Doorn
                          Omaha, Ne.
                          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I use the Wesleys.. or did when I was cleaning my WW's on the 65. Have thought about using the Mr Clean Bleach Pen since we have a few lying around the house. I have a pair of WW bike tires that need to be cleaned that I will try the pen on now that I know that it works for others.
                            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
                            X