The "New" Studebaker Motor Company!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "New" Studebaker Motor Company!!

Is anyone aware of the fact that there is a new company now in business with plans to build Studebaker named motorcycles, cars and trucks?!? Their logo is a modernized lazy S and they are featuring models including the Hawk and Champ!! (This is not the Avanti Motors Corp..) Check out their website: www.studebakermotorcompany.com This is definitely news to me!

Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    christof@rockymountainstudebaker.net
    Christof Kheim
    ---studesnbldr
    ckheim@yahoo.com

There have been several threads on this topic. Here are some:

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...hTerms=mobotic

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

There have been several threads on this topic. Here are some:

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Yeah, if I hear anything more about this "company" I think I'm gonna hurl.[xx(]

Mark Anderson
        1965 Cruiser
        http://home.alltel.net/anderm
        Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

Yeah, if I hear anything more about this "company" I think I'm gonna hurl.[xx(]

Mark Anderson
          1965 Cruiser

Comment

I'm sure we'd all like this to be true, but short of a company with the financial backing of say Toyota starting to make Studebakers again, it's just a dream.

Consider the cost of that "new" body for 1957 Chevrolet's - it must have been more than a Million dollars to pay for the tooling - as that company said they spread the cost over 20 years.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I'm sure we'd all like this to be true, but short of a company with the financial backing of say Toyota starting to make Studebakers again, it's just a dream.

Consider the cost of that "new" body for 1957 Chevrolet's - it must have been more than a Million dollars to pay for the tooling - as that company said they spread the cost over 20 years.

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Every six months....Like clockwork![8)]
                Don't sweat it Chris, It's hard to stay in front of this crowd
                We had bets as whether it was a high school media class project website (all glitz and no content)...
                But he should have graduated a long time ago[:0]
                Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studesnbldr

Is anyone aware of the fact that there is a new company now in business with plans to build Studebaker named motorcycles, cars and trucks?!? Their logo is a modernized lazy S and they are featuring models including the Hawk and Champ!! (This is not the Avanti Motors Corp..) Check out their website: www.studebakermotorcompany.com This is definitely news to me!

Christof Kheim
                ---studesnbldr
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Every six months....Like clockwork![8)]
                  Don't sweat it Chris, It's hard to stay in front of this crowd
                  We had bets as whether it was a high school media class project website (all glitz and no content)...
                  But he should have graduated a long time ago[:0]
                  Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studesnbldr

Christof Kheim
                  ---studesnbldr
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Even if they DID manage to put out a totally new vehicle with the Studebaker nameplate - not many folks that I know could afford one![V]
                    Figure that such a car (we'll assume it's to be a car) would have to be revolutionary in engineering and/or styling. Then there's all those pesky safety standards to deal with. Heh - 'course, maybe they could get around such by claiming they were, say, Custom '47 model Studes for sake of registration and required fitments (like those 40 F*rd PU knockoffs being touted as '39 Coupe Expresses[}]).
                    Let's say we take NOS '47 taillights and build a car around them. Could we get away with claiming the end result was a modified '47 Stude?
                    I wish all these stupid revivalists would just let the Studebaker name be! The plant's gone, the company's gone, the magic has evaporated - or aged at best. Leave it be!
                    It's like those cheap-a** Bell & Howell shavers that assault us on TV from time to time. Does any rube REALLY believe that those shavers have anything more in common with that once proud American label besides the name? You can bet the maker in China hopes you're duped! That's the only reason they're not sold as Yow Ling cordless shavers! Not because they ressurected long-dead engineers from B&H to see if they could boffo folks into buying something with a name they recognize.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Even if they DID manage to put out a totally new vehicle with the Studebaker nameplate - not many folks that I know could afford one![V]
                      Figure that such a car (we'll assume it's to be a car) would have to be revolutionary in engineering and/or styling. Then there's all those pesky safety standards to deal with. Heh - 'course, maybe they could get around such by claiming they were, say, Custom '47 model Studes for sake of registration and required fitments (like those 40 F*rd PU knockoffs being touted as '39 Coupe Expresses[}]).
                      Let's say we take NOS '47 taillights and build a car around them. Could we get away with claiming the end result was a modified '47 Stude?
                      I wish all these stupid revivalists would just let the Studebaker name be! The plant's gone, the company's gone, the magic has evaporated - or aged at best. Leave it be!
                      It's like those cheap-a** Bell & Howell shavers that assault us on TV from time to time. Does any rube REALLY believe that those shavers have anything more in common with that once proud American label besides the name? You can bet the maker in China hopes you're duped! That's the only reason they're not sold as Yow Ling cordless shavers! Not because they ressurected long-dead engineers from B&H to see if they could boffo folks into buying something with a name they recognize.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I suppose even mentioning that American Racing wheels are made in China would be a bad thing.....[}]

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Mark Anderson
                        1965 Cruiser

Comment

I suppose even mentioning that American Racing wheels are made in China would be a bad thing.....[}]

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Mark Anderson
                          1965 Cruiser

Comment

Yes! it would! [V]

"American" Mags? That's just NOT right!! [:0]

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes! it would! [V]

"American" Mags? That's just NOT right!! [:0]

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X