Matilda is back home safe n sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matilda is back home safe n sound

Just got in from Newport Beach bringing Matilda home. Didn't make it to Jason's shop today as it was too late in day due to rain. AAA trucked it home for me. Just drove her into the garage. She's here safe n sound and will never be sold again. Gotta fix a few things that were not cared for while she was away, but for the most part she's still in good shape.
    Attached Files

Glad to see you made it home safe and sound. Looking good!

Comment

It's nice when they come home to roost, isn't it? Congratulations! Glad to hear you were able to reclaim such a sweet little car. I often wonder what happened to the '49 Land Cruiser I had to sell about 10 years ago. Wouldn't mind having that one back.

Comment

Originally posted by 63larkcustom View Post
        Just got in from Newport Beach bringing Matilda home. Didn't make it to Jason's shop today as it was too late in day due to rain. AAA trucked it home for me. Just drove her into the garage. She's here safe n sound and will never be sold again. Gotta fix a few things that were not cared for while she was away, but for the most part she's still in good shape.
        You're meant to keep that car IMHO
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

What's the back story?

Comment

I bought the car several years ago and restored it. When I finished the project, was having problems with my rotator cup on my right shoulder. It was my daily driver and was having a hard time driving the car. I sold her to a couple in Texas right about this time 4 years ago. She was driven to Texas. They moved to California a few years ago and drove her back. This year in August, she was sold to a couple in Newport Beach. The new owner's wife didn't like the color and the car came back up for sale. Things lined up for me such that I don't need her as an every day driver and I had the extra money. So I bought her back. The brakes need to be bled and there is a problem with the turn signal switch/brake lights. I think it may also need the column re-built as the steering wheel is hard to turn and makes a lot of clunking sounds. It was most likely bad when I sold her which probably caused my shoulder problem. That will be remedied soon. I regretted selling her for all these years. She's home to stay.

Comment

[QUOTE=63larkcustom;803419] The new owner's wife didn't like the color and the car came back up for sale. QUOTE]

Another reason to stay single. Imagine getting rid of a perfectly fine car because you don't like the color.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

[QUOTE=RadioRoy;803625]
                Originally posted by 63larkcustom View Post
                The new owner's wife didn't like the color and the car came back up for sale. QUOTE]

Another reason to stay single. Imagine getting rid of a perfectly fine car because you don't like the color.
                Hahaha!! I agree with you entirely!

Comment

Working...
                X