Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of 53 Roadsters… Here's one on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-T...US_Cars_Trucks
    Last edited by sals54; 11-26-2013, 07:20 PM.
    sals54

And its so sad cuz it took me ten seconds to find this pic on the web and post it here:
    sals54

Comment

I like it very much,this is one Studebaker that really could be mis - took for a Porsche
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Wow! Gorgeous!
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Very Very Nice!
          I want to know much more about this car?
          It was obviously built in a professional Street Rod shop.
          Thanks for posting.
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To my eye several aspects of this vehicle just look weird and awkward .
            Looks like they needed to narrow the front track to fit in those ridiculous donk wheels.
            'Different strokes for different folks' as they say.
            When one takes on restyling what is recognized as one the most beautiful automotive designs ever, the result is bound to be judged against the original. A few are improvements. I don't see this as one.

Comment

I agree with Jessie on the wheels.
              Other than the completely restyle interior, the general lines of this car have not be altered.
              Things have just been smoothed out and the seams and gaps tightened up.
              This car was obviously built from a C car.....and I love the rear view mirror treatment.
              When I went to eBay I thought there were a lot of pictures, can't wait to go back to read the write up.
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Hate the wheel wells. The tires and rims look way out of proportion and all of that room around the tires just bugs the heck out of me. Brian's CGI roadster is cleaner and doesn't look so gangsta.
                Last edited by hausdok; 11-27-2013, 12:13 AM.
                Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                Kenmore, Washington
                hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                '69 Pontiac Firebird
                (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

He's not a real Studebaker guy cause he can't even Spell it in his ad.
                  101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Am I wrong, or was about 1' taken from the length of this car? (behind the doors)
                    Corley

Comment

Not a bad looking car but who did he have to have build it and what has to be under it to have $200 grand in a Studebaker? Any Studebaker. The shops labor rate must have been $200-300 per hr.and they sat around alot drinking beer and shooting the bull on the clock. But is a nice looking car just not $200 grand nice. If I could get that much to build one I would be all over it tomorrow.

Comment

wasn't that a Boyd Coddington build? The Studester script above the seats looks car magazine familiar
                        sigpic
                        JohnP, driving & reviving
                        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Agreed on the wheel wells. Those donk wheels are butt ugly. Looks like the builder did lower the base of the windshield into the cowl, though. And I think the door/A-pillar transition could have been done better, to eliminate that spine on the front edge of the door. Also agree on a very poor ebay presentation.
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by allstateguy View Post
                            wasn't that a Boyd Coddington build? The Studester script above the seats looks car magazine familiar
                            I thought you were right. I also thought Boyd built it, but as it turns out, It appears that it won a Coddington Award. Here's the guy who built it:
                            Custom-car builder Jimmy Varacalli of McKeesport, Pa
                            sals54

Comment

I prefer sal's54 !

Comment

Working...
                              X