64 Avanti "one owner" on ebay ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Avanti "one owner" on ebay ???

Anyone ever see such a rear window attachment like this before.some kind of after market JC - Whitney or such ? listing says a rare option .
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Oh-Oh! Joe, Be prepared,...... Deepnhock is going to scold You for not posting the e-bay auction number!!!!

Comment

Right here. Rear window AND controls on top of dash???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-c...US_Cars_Trucks
      Last edited by studefan; 11-17-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Ed, I'm all suited up and going in - and not too mention ready for a scolding
        Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        Oh-Oh! Joe, Be prepared,...... Deepnhock is going to scold You for not posting the e-bay auction number!!!!
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Oh, yeah...it also has the rare original leather interior. It looks like someone fabricated a custom rear window cover but it's not any kind of factory option.

Since the person writing the auction is selling the car for the estate, either he is ignorant of Avantis and merely taking as fact what he was told or is, let us say, embellishing the truth...something so uncommon on EBay.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Not too far gone to change back stock. A nice clean car otherwise.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Someone sure must have enjoyed their coffee.....all that effort to move the heater/vent controls up to the center of the dashpad....just to create room for a couple of cup holders!!

Comment

Love that John Deere "Blitz Black" paint job too
                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

That's just CRAZY! I count NINE Controls on top and TWO more at the top of the under dash Console! AND a Rocker Switch and maybe a couple or three Indicator Lights or something by the Lighter on the Console. The Lighter in the Console behind the shifter must not have been enough. Then there is the "Egg Poacher" thingy behind the Ash Tray! The Custom Turn Signal and Wiper Levers etc.

It would almost be cheaper to buy a used Honda Civic to get your Cup Holders than make all New Cables for all those levers and modify the Dash.

I am not sure that "Convertible" rear window is a great idea, if the Glass one blew out at 100 MPH before the Factory Mod, what do you think a canvas one would do?
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Actually, the cup holders in the console are a nice addition. Unique custom look.
                    Lew Schucart
                    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

I don't know were you guys see the inside of the car , only pictures I get are of the outside.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Bob; on the eBay Ads that do not pay for the Big Pics at the lower side of the page, you have to click the Down arrow at the right edge of the tiny one line group of Pics to see the next three lines of Pics.
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 11-17-2013, 11:55 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks Rick it works every time when you know what to do, all the crap on the dash make me think maybe he is a doctor and into acupuncture and likes the Avanti round knobs for easy handling.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Has anyone truly read the comments of the seller, other than it is a sale to settle an estate? The seller states in the 1st line: "The original owner has passed away and his wife decided its time for someone else to enjoy this wonderful car."

In the last line, the seller then states: "The owner is selling this car without reserve as he feels this is the only fair way to sell a car at auction. If you have any questions please feel free to call Ken directly at 513 403 7386 or email me and I will help you."

I wondering, if Ken is the recently departed owner, who has gone on to the "great ever after" in the sky......it would seem he has a phone # too (actually 513 403 7386 is listed for AAA Auto Buyer in Cincinnati,OH and is categorized as a Junk and Scrap dealer).

Comment

Those relocated heater knobs are going to give me nightmares for a week!
                              From the photos (for what that's worth), the console mods look to be well done...just misguided.

Was the zip out early Porsche 911 Targa -style zip out rear window an option on Canadian cars?
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X