Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lon E. Wright
    replied
    I have a 327 in my 64 Commander that originlly had a 6 in it and it handlea great and had no problems with the HEI dist. and it has plenty of clearance between it and the firewall. You just have to use the back dump ram horn manifolds to clear the steering linkage.

Leave a comment:

• Lon E. Wright
    replied
    I have a 327 in my 64 Commander that originlly had a 6 in it and it handlea great and had no problems with the HEI dist. and it has plenty of clearance between it and the firewall. You just have to use the back dump ram horn manifolds to clear the steering linkage.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    There is a '65 Commander on ebay right now. It has a bad 283 in it, but it would be already set up for a SBC.
    Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    There is a '65 Commander on ebay right now. It has a bad 283 in it, but it would be already set up for a SBC.
    Joe Roberts

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I don't know where you are located, but unless there is something special about that particular car you would probably be way ahead to wait and look for another. Four door cars in decent shape are not that expensive and in the long run you will be happier starting with a better car. Most of us older members know this from hard experience.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
    since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
    You pretty much confirmed what I have been thinking........the car is here in the Phoenix area------the land of rustfree tin.

In other worlds; I would be miles ahead paying, say, $1,000 for a running, rustfree vehicle

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I don't know where you are located, but unless there is something special about that particular car you would probably be way ahead to wait and look for another. Four door cars in decent shape are not that expensive and in the long run you will be happier starting with a better car. Most of us older members know this from hard experience.

You pretty much confirmed what I have been thinking........the car is here in the Phoenix area------the land of rustfree tin.

In other worlds; I would be miles ahead paying, say, $1,000 for a running, rustfree vehicle

Leave a comment:

• cortica37
    replied
    Should have been 425# as the weight - Sorry, I type faster than I think and I'm a slow typist.

Leave a comment:

• cortica37
    replied
    Should have been 425# as the weight - Sorry, I type faster than I think and I'm a slow typist.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by cortica37

A 4.3 TBI would be my choice. The 4.3 engine @ 425" should weigh about the same as the original Lark six at about 450#. And this would be approximately 150# lighter than a 305 Chevy. The 4.3 should also be better for keeping the steering light along with being easier on the brakes and the whole front suspension.

Cork - Moose Hoot, MN
    You lost me. "The 4.3 engine @425"..." If you mean 425 cubic inch displacement, I don't know where that comes from. Without resorting to conversion tables, I believe that 4.3 litres is about 262 cubic inches. Ah ha - It just came to me. You must mean 425# (pounds) not 425" (inches). In that case, just a simple typo, I agree with you.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by cortica37

A 4.3 TBI would be my choice. The 4.3 engine @ 425" should weigh about the same as the original Lark six at about 450#. And this would be approximately 150# lighter than a 305 Chevy. The 4.3 should also be better for keeping the steering light along with being easier on the brakes and the whole front suspension.

Cork - Moose Hoot, MN
    You lost me. "The 4.3 engine @425"..." If you mean 425 cubic inch displacement, I don't know where that comes from. Without resorting to conversion tables, I believe that 4.3 litres is about 262 cubic inches. Ah ha - It just came to me. You must mean 425# (pounds) not 425" (inches). In that case, just a simple typo, I agree with you.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• cortica37
    replied

Cork - Moose Hoot, MN

Leave a comment:

• cortica37
    replied

Cork - Moose Hoot, MN

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 54-61-62
    replied
    Don't know where you are but I have a rot-free 62 California Lark 4Dr with no drivetrain here in Michigan, $600 if your intrested. It would be cheaper then fixing your doors or floors.

Kent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X