No announcement yet.

I am looking at a 1962 Lark sedan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have been 425# as the weight - Sorry, I type faster than I think and I'm a slow typist.

Comment

Should have been 425# as the weight - Sorry, I type faster than I think and I'm a slow typist.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I don't know where you are located, but unless there is something special about that particular car you would probably be way ahead to wait and look for another. Four door cars in decent shape are not that expensive and in the long run you will be happier starting with a better car. Most of us older members know this from hard experience.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
        since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
        You pretty much confirmed what I have been thinking........the car is here in the Phoenix area------the land of rustfree tin.

In other worlds; I would be miles ahead paying, say, $1,000 for a running, rustfree vehicle
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I don't know where you are located, but unless there is something special about that particular car you would probably be way ahead to wait and look for another. Four door cars in decent shape are not that expensive and in the long run you will be happier starting with a better car. Most of us older members know this from hard experience.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
          since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
          You pretty much confirmed what I have been thinking........the car is here in the Phoenix area------the land of rustfree tin.

In other worlds; I would be miles ahead paying, say, $1,000 for a running, rustfree vehicle
          --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

There is a '65 Commander on ebay right now. It has a bad 283 in it, but it would be already set up for a SBC.
            Joe Roberts
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

There is a '65 Commander on ebay right now. It has a bad 283 in it, but it would be already set up for a SBC.
              Joe Roberts
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I have a 327 in my 64 Commander that originlly had a 6 in it and it handlea great and had no problems with the HEI dist. and it has plenty of clearance between it and the firewall. You just have to use the back dump ram horn manifolds to clear the steering linkage.

Comment

I have a 327 in my 64 Commander that originlly had a 6 in it and it handlea great and had no problems with the HEI dist. and it has plenty of clearance between it and the firewall. You just have to use the back dump ram horn manifolds to clear the steering linkage.

Comment

Working...
                  X