Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Aluminum intake manifold that needs to be fitted for Eldebrock 4 Barrel Carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    As a side note...
    I can make sure you have hood clearance issues on your Stude (with an Offy intake), too

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    The old Offy has a narrower square bolt pattern than the narrow AFB/wcfb.
    The bores really need opening up, and a good radius done to make them work decent.
    Port matching helps too.
    Adapter plates will work, but it will choke the throttle bores down, and if the adapter plate is too thick, the 'stack up' height can cause hood clearance issues on some Stude's.
    The corners need holes drilled in them and a flat surface milled for the corner hold down bolts.

And the Offy can be prettied up, too!
    Jeff

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
    As far as that goes, aren't most Edelbrocks still drilled for the Carter WCFB pattern as well? All the older manifolds usually need is just clearancing the secondary bores for the larger butterflies. I've done it with a Dremel.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    As far as that goes, aren't most Edelbrocks still drilled for the Carter WCFB pattern as well? All the older manifolds usually need is just clearancing the secondary bores for the larger butterflies. I've done it with a Dremel.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    If it's a Studebaker-Offenhauser intake, it shoudn't need any machining, just a simple adapter plate to change the hold down stud pattern.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Roy, look for Deepenhock, AKA Jeff Rice.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• Have Aluminum intake manifold that needs to be fitted for Eldebrock 4 Barrel Carb.

A while back, I posted need help on machining my intake manifold. I had someone out their who could machine and port my intake. He has a yellow prewar truck. I think it is a yellow coupe express. Can you email me your phone number our email address. I want to send you my intake. I have a Offy that I need to fit on my 1964 full flow block. Roy
Working...
X