Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have Aluminum intake manifold that needs to be fitted for Eldebrock 4 Barrel Carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked at my Morgan aluminum manifold , and the original bolt pattern
    was 3 3/4 wide , and 3 7/8 long.
    Someone along the way milled a goodly amount off of the original flange ,but
    the pattern is still there. As a result, it is quite thin on one back edge and it is off of the car
    currently , and will be repaired soon . The adapter plate is the same as previously
    shown . They did a bad job of blending the adapter to flange , and I worked that over.
    It worked well on the car , running low 14's at 94+ mph .
    There's a Jeff Rice 2V modded 4V manifold on there now . The Morgan is 14 +/- lbs lighter.
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Bill,
      Bring that Morgan intake, as well as your car to the SE Stude Swap Meet (and _ _ _ _ race) next April 11th and 12th near Savannah.
      We can weld up amd mill down your Morgan and mount it for some testing!
      Open invitation...
      Jeff

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
      I just looked at my Morgan aluminum manifold , and the original bolt pattern
      was 3 3/4 wide , and 3 7/8 long.
      Someone along the way milled a goodly amount off of the original flange ,but
      the pattern is still there. As a result, it is quite thin on one back edge and it is off of the car
      currently , and will be repaired soon . The adapter plate is the same as previously
      shown . They did a bad job of blending the adapter to flange , and I worked that over.
      It worked well on the car , running low 14's at 94+ mph .
      There's a Jeff Rice 2V modded 4V manifold on there now . The Morgan is 14 +/- lbs lighter.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Hi Skinny,

Did you ever run that Offy manifold? How did it run? The layout of the ports is interesting, if the exterior is any guide. The end ports look to have a smooth sweep, and the inboard ones kind of sticking out "like the legs on a dead sheep."

regards,

Dan T

Comment

I have posted this before. But here is one on my 53 I ran til recently. Video thanks to Jeff Rice. Yes this manifold was designed for a Aeroquad 450cfm carb. It was offered in a kit by Offenhauser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=J6g132ksUhk

Comment

I sent a message to Jeff Rice on Machining my intake. Please look at my message

Comment

Nice chatting with you!
              Your projects sound great!
              Jeff

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
              I sent a message to Jeff Rice on Machining my intake. Please look at my message
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
              X